This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've got the can't game mood

#11KillerTrufflePosted 10/16/2013 11:00:44 AM
If you're interested at all in espionage and war strategy and stuff, and haven't already read them, read Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series. Start with Without Remorse and go through them all, including Rainbow Six (the book the games were based on, and one of my favorites). They're good reads. Clancy even earned himself a visit from the CIA and FBI over The Cardinal in the Kremlin since he apparently included some information that was supposed to be classified - that's how good he was.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#12TheMisfitPosted 10/16/2013 11:04:22 AM
When I get in the can't game mood, I go way back to simple pick up and play games that don't drain me. Retro Atari and Mame.
---
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
#13Benjamin_ButtonPosted 10/16/2013 11:08:36 AM
actually in the same predicament right now..was going to make my own BlogFAQs topix about it but you beat me to it...

I bought 8 games this week and I have about 5% desire to play any of them. The next games I know I will want to play non-stop with full enthusiasm will be MGSV and Witcher 3. OTher than that i'll pass.

Nothing is doing it for me atm. Before I'd get burnt out with these extremely mediocre AAA titles but then some indie games would save the day...now i've played all the worthwhile indie games so im just down in the dumps now....

no shows / movies im interested in...got a lot of games i have no desire to play...gf broke up with me :(

/firstworldproblems
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#14AllGodsDie(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 11:09:05 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
If you're interested at all in espionage and war strategy and stuff, and haven't already read them, read Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series. Start with Without Remorse and go through them all, including Rainbow Six (the book the games were based on, and one of my favorites). They're good reads. Clancy even earned himself a visit from the CIA and FBI over The Cardinal in the Kremlin since he apparently included some information that was supposed to be classified - that's how good he was.

Thanks, I've always heard his books were good, never checked them out though. I'll give it a go in honor of his recent passing.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#15MaKhaosPosted 10/16/2013 11:20:39 AM
Katawa Shoujo.

Now's the time.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#16DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/16/2013 11:20:54 AM
Its just your brain trying to tell you to do something a little more fulfilling with your time. Get it all the time then I knock it about some with frequent visits to the youtube comment sections. Makes gaming seem productive again.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#17NfuzedXGamerPosted 10/16/2013 11:24:38 AM
I also visit high schools and blend in with the prp crowd and stand a t a locker during a transition period to a next class dressed in abercrombie & fitch clothing usually short sleeved shirts over long sleeve shirt, making terrible comments on every spoiled pretty looking chick that walks by.

(Hey, you brunette with the capri's y'know i have a theory as to why your such a skank, Your frequently usead by your BF and project your frustration and agitating need to feel controlling and loved by putting down others. Your eye liner looks like crap and you have no butt whatsoever, eat some protein grow some curves then maybe youll feel better about yourself)
#18Tyranius2Posted 10/16/2013 11:29:01 AM
Me getting that mood would equate to me losing my will to live. Gaming is my life.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#19NfuzedXGamerPosted 10/16/2013 11:30:34 AM
@ Nfuzedxgamer- dude that was uncalled for.
#20BogePosted 10/16/2013 12:08:05 PM
Same boat for me. It happens more often now that I'm older than when I was young.

The last game I was really into was Dark Souls, so I'm really looking forward to Dark Souls 2.

I don't have any answer on how to fix it. I always thing of going back to play old classic games. Or I sit and mod a Bethesda game until I'm bored.

I really thing the answer is to do something non-gaming. Go outside and run, or take up a TV series or audio books. Do something artsy. Go work on your car. Anything other than gaming.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.