This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just had my first 2 hours with the original Deus EX and...

#31Orestes417Posted 10/16/2013 10:41:41 PM
Technical merit is overrated. PD and GoldenEye were more fun smack talking face to face with friends than pretty much any game you care to mention. This coming from a guy who clocked almost as many hours in the quake franchise as Battlefield.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#32ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/16/2013 10:44:02 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Quake 3 Arena came out the same year as GoldenEye 007.
Unreal Tournament 99/GOTY came out a year before Perfect Dark.

As far as multiplayer goes, both of those absolutely s*** all over their console counterparts.
Controls? Not even a contest.

And for the record I beat all missions on GoldenEye on the highest difficulty and unlocked all cheats 3 different times, as a couple of guys at school paid me to do it on their copies of the game.

The controls were still terrible compared to PC.
I didn't discover Quake 3 and Unreal until a few years later, and it was just stupifying how superior those games were.

And? You were still wrong. I play Quake 3 and UT, too. But PD craps all over most games.
#33The cranky hermitPosted 10/16/2013 10:54:47 PM
Technical merit is overrated. PD and GoldenEye were more fun smack talking face to face with friends than pretty much any game you care to mention.

Technical merit is the only thing worth talking about. If the fun came from smack talking, then you weren't actually having fun playing the N64 shooters. You had fun smack talking, which is entirely possible with the objectively superior games others have mentioned, as well as possible with a variety of non-electronic games such as basketball and poker.

Your argument is weak in the same sense and extent that praising console games for being playable on a TV from the couch is weak.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#34Orestes417Posted 10/16/2013 11:02:59 PM
Take your objectivity and ram it up your arse if you can fit it past your head. Any fool who tries to quantify fun with objectivity needs to go out and have more of it.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#35Lonestar2000Posted 10/16/2013 11:10:33 PM
Literally the best game of all time.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#36NingishzidaPosted 10/17/2013 12:52:05 AM
Gimme a LAN party anyday with a PC shooter over sharing a quarter of a crappy CRT at 40p/12fps twiddling my thumbs on shoddy controllers.
#37NingishzidaPosted 10/17/2013 12:53:48 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
But PD craps all over most games.

lol, you wouldn't think this is a master race board with the amount of filthy peasants on here neglecting to till my fields and harvest my crops.
#38Tyranius2Posted 10/17/2013 7:06:37 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
Lol Perfect Dark was painfully abysmal with absolutely atrocious controls

These things aren't true. You probably got your ass kicked by the game. Poor little boy.

No, the game was just terrible overrated trash. Babby's first FPS.

And? You were still wrong. I play Quake 3 and UT, too. But PD craps all over most games.

It craps over nothing but the turdest of turds. It looks horrible and controls horrible. To be fair, the horrible N64 controller didn't help one bit.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#39KidIcaroots(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 8:06:52 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Lol Perfect Dark was painfully abysmal with absolutely atrocious controls

These things aren't true. You probably got your ass kicked by the game. Poor little boy.

Quake 3 Arena came out the same year as GoldenEye 007.

Goldeneye 007 came out in 1997. Quake 3 Arena came out in 1999. Try again.
#40El_KazPosted 10/18/2013 10:04:54 AM
This topic is like a plane crashing on a trainwreck during an earthquake.
---
Wait... what?