This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MS/Crytek treating Ryse developers as slaves, just like the ones in the game

#11snkboi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 9:47:16 AM
SythisTaru posted...
Treason686 posted...
50inchDLP posted...
This is why our world sucks now. no one takes pride in working hard anymore, and if you do you are looked down upon like these guys are. so what if they put in extra hours at their job? if anything i see that as a good thing. no wonder i am considered best at my job its because all i gotta do is my job and i stand out as great. too many people proud of being lazy asses today. its never "how much can i do today" its alway "how little can i get away with doing today".

When salaried workers are making 60k, working 12 hours 6-7 days a week, that's an issue.

Aren't they making over-time for all this extra work? I really doubt they would be doing it for free.

salary doesn't have overtime pay, but an extra meal just like in those slave stories
---
i think it's nice
#12Ch3wyPosted 10/16/2013 9:48:19 AM
SythisTaru posted...
Treason686 posted...
50inchDLP posted...
This is why our world sucks now. no one takes pride in working hard anymore, and if you do you are looked down upon like these guys are. so what if they put in extra hours at their job? if anything i see that as a good thing. no wonder i am considered best at my job its because all i gotta do is my job and i stand out as great. too many people proud of being lazy asses today. its never "how much can i do today" its alway "how little can i get away with doing today".

When salaried workers are making 60k, working 12 hours 6-7 days a week, that's an issue.

Aren't they making over-time for all this extra work? I really doubt they would be doing it for free.

Not normally if they're on salary.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#1350inchDLPPosted 10/16/2013 9:50:19 AM
Ch3wy posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Treason686 posted...
50inchDLP posted...

They chose to be paid salary if so.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#14HanfengLinPosted 10/16/2013 9:54:18 AM
50inchDLP posted...

Uh, no. When you get out of retail work, you find that most jobs are automatically salaried jobs.

That way, your place of business CAN justify things like 50-60 hours of work a week.
#15ShubPosted 10/16/2013 9:55:11 AM
50inchDLP posted...
Ch3wy posted...
SythisTaru posted...

That depends on labor laws in their country. If CryTek is still based in Germany along with the Ryse dev team, well, I don't know about labor laws there, but in most of Europe, it would be illegal for management to ask you to work overtime without pay. If you do overtime without being asked to, then you shouldn't expect overtime pay.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#16Ch3wyPosted 10/16/2013 9:59:18 AM(edited)
Shub posted...
50inchDLP posted...
Ch3wy posted...
SythisTaru posted...

That depends on labor laws in their country. If CryTek is still based in Germany along with the Ryse dev team, well, I don't know about labor laws there, but in most of Europe, it would be illegal for management to ask you to work overtime without pay. If you do overtime without being asked to, then you shouldn't expect overtime pay.

Germans can't work past 35 hours, period. So I don't think it would be located there. EDIT: Not 100% sure on this just going on what I've heard from people who have worked there.

But to address 50inch, you can't exactly pick and choose whether you want to work salary or hourly...
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#17HighOnPhazonPosted 10/16/2013 10:22:10 PM
This just in entitlement generation! Working overtime hours with free dinners is considered slavery!
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#18JonWood007Posted 10/16/2013 10:52:50 PM

They can also "choose" to be homeless. Some choice.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#19Treason686Posted 10/17/2013 2:58:42 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
This just in entitlement generation! Working overtime hours with free dinners is considered slavery!

If you do nothing but eat, sleep, and work, are you not a slave?
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#20JonWood007Posted 10/17/2013 5:26:20 PM
"Well you don't HAVE to work there!"

To which i preemptively respond, yeah, I can just choose to be homeless and starving instead. *rolls eyes*
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768