This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MS/Crytek treating Ryse developers as slaves, just like the ones in the game

#31Zohar_MetatronPosted 10/17/2013 8:38:46 PM
Takes a lotta manpower to test all those no-feedback QTEs.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#32PraetorXynPosted 10/17/2013 8:46:38 PM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
Takes a lotta manpower to test all those no-feedback QTEs.

You sir win the internet.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#33JKatarnPosted 10/17/2013 10:22:57 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
I wish I could timetravel. I'd go back in time and whine about how bad I have it.

"Pssh, what are you complaining about? Back in my day I had to work 10 hours a day sitting in a climate controlled office with free food. For money. God, you don't know how good you have it working 18 hours a day in the fields for nothing"

Standards of living and work improve as society and technology progress...but I suppose we shouldn't ever strive for workplace reform and everyone should work themselves to an early, stress-induced death because we have education, not everyone has to work the fields (in first and second world countries anyway), the plague is gone and we have Penicillin, lol.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#34TimePharaohPosted 10/17/2013 10:26:25 PM
JKatarn posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
I wish I could timetravel. I'd go back in time and whine about how bad I have it.

"Pssh, what are you complaining about? Back in my day I had to work 10 hours a day sitting in a climate controlled office with free food. For money. God, you don't know how good you have it working 18 hours a day in the fields for nothing"

Standards of living and work improve as society and technology progress...but I suppose we shouldn't ever strive for workplace reform and everyone should work themselves to an early, stress-induced death because we have education, not everyone has to work the fields (in first and second world countries anyway), the plague is gone and we have Penicillin, lol.

So what you're saying is that working hard on a videogame is the equivalent to actual slavery? Because that's what this topic was saying. And what my post was saying. So either that's what you believe or you're stupid and don't know how to read.

Either way, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the other topic but I guess you really are just a derp.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#35JKatarnPosted 10/17/2013 10:26:58 PM
And_Im_Javert posted...
It's as if several people in this topic think video game developers are the only workers who work 60 hour weeks trying to meet deadlines. I have many 60 hour weeks and I work with dividends, not f***ing video games. I also don't get meals provided. And less salary.

I may only have anecdotal evidence, but I would put money that there are more people like me than the opposite in career focused people.

You do realize that there's a big difference between shuffling some numbers around in a spreadsheet and programming, designing and debugging a video-game, right? Not to minimize your work, but it seems like you have no idea how much thought and work goes into producing a game.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#36JKatarnPosted 10/17/2013 10:38:54 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
JKatarn posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

So what you're saying is that working hard on a videogame is the equivalent to actual slavery? Because that's what this topic was saying. And what my post was saying. So either that's what you believe or you're stupid and don't know how to read.

Either way, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the other topic but I guess you really are just a derp.

Normally I would quip some witty rejoinder, but it is late and It's entirely possible I didn't read your post correctly. Either way, if how much your opinion of me matters to me could be measured you'd need an infinitely complex electron microscope the likes of which has yet to be developed to discover the infinitesimally small constituent elements that would compose it.
---
#37NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/18/2013 7:21:24 AM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Treason686 posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
This just in entitlement generation! Working overtime hours with free dinners is considered slavery!

If you do nothing but eat, sleep, and work, are you not a slave?

No. To quote Mr Ryan "A man chooses!... A slave obeys."

If you're not forced to do it, you ain't a slave.

But can one choose to be a slave?

Yes and no. Initially, yes in the sense that he does indeed choose to be a slave and give up his choice. But in the longer sense, no as, now a slave, he cannot choose to liberate himself by on his own account. So harking back to Ryan, he stops being a man when he chooses to be a slave. :)
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010