This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best monitors/tvs with built in speakers?

#1yhmusicPosted 10/16/2013 10:48:55 AM
I don't want to have to buy separate speakers. Any suggestions? All i want is 1080p and size between 16-25 inches, not too big.
---
i produce/sing/write-
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79C8AA8CD62A06C4
#2snkboiPosted 10/16/2013 10:50:38 AM
24" sony playstation 3d led monitor..it has built in speakers, not the best but loud enough for what they do
---
i think it's nice
#3KillerTrufflePosted 10/16/2013 10:54:36 AM
Speaker quality in that size range is gonna be pretty crappy. I'll say tho that I have a 46" Sony TV, and its built-in speakers are surprisingly good for being built-in. They don't have amazing sound, but they can get pretty loud without distortion. Maybe you'll have luck with Sony in the smaller sizes too.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#430aught6Posted 10/16/2013 12:12:45 PM
None of them are better than a half decent pair of speakers. Even the best ones sound tinny.
---
| i7-3930K | MSI Big Bang-XPower II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | Thermaltake TP Grand 1200W | Seagate 240GB SSD | WD Black 4TB | Fractal Define XLR2 |
#5PathlessBulletPosted 10/16/2013 12:20:04 PM
My T260HD has pretty good speakers me thinks. In fact they almost sound too good.

Too bad it's discontinued or I would go and buy a 2nd one. ;(
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#6SnadadosPosted 10/16/2013 12:27:14 PM
There are no monitors with decent speakers.
I wouldn't even say there are any with listenable speakers.

Some TVs can have okay~ speakers, better than most monitors, but still not good.
Go to a few stores, find some TVs in your range and play with the volume and see if they sound acceptable to you at a reasonable volume.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/16/2013 12:30:59 PM
You can either pay a $50 premium for garbage monitor speakers, or pay $10 for some low-end desk speakers that sound 1000x better than some in-built monitor garbage.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#8BogePosted 10/16/2013 12:35:50 PM
I've used a couple for the past 5-6 years. I had an AOC which was pretty awesome. I now have this monitor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

Yeah, the speakers aren't great, but they work quite well for what I need. I have my computer in a very secluded and quiet room. I'm not a bass fan. If I desire more immersion in my sound, I have some headphones.

The beauty of built in speakers is that I do a lot of mobile gaming at friends' houses, so being able to stuff my monitor, keyboard, mouse, and cables into a bag and hook back up easily with HDMI, it's wonderful.

TC, I don't know how to get the best out of the speakers, but this one has 2w speakers. I believe the AOC had 2w speakers as well. I've tried monitors with 1w, or even 1.5 and they don't sound good. So I'd at least try to get 2w speakers.

If possible, get one with HDMI and IPS. You should be able to find one that fits the entire bill in a 23-24" package. Now, if only they had everything I need in a 22" or less...been looking for 2 years.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#9yhmusic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 5:54:44 PM
Boge posted...
I've used a couple for the past 5-6 years. I had an AOC which was pretty awesome. I now have this monitor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

Yeah, the speakers aren't great, but they work quite well for what I need. I have my computer in a very secluded and quiet room. I'm not a bass fan. If I desire more immersion in my sound, I have some headphones.

The beauty of built in speakers is that I do a lot of mobile gaming at friends' houses, so being able to stuff my monitor, keyboard, mouse, and cables into a bag and hook back up easily with HDMI, it's wonderful.

TC, I don't know how to get the best out of the speakers, but this one has 2w speakers. I believe the AOC had 2w speakers as well. I've tried monitors with 1w, or even 1.5 and they don't sound good. So I'd at least try to get 2w speakers.

If possible, get one with HDMI and IPS. You should be able to find one that fits the entire bill in a 23-24" package. Now, if only they had everything I need in a 22" or less...been looking for 2 years.

Hmm what is IPS needed for? But I agree with you, I have 2 pairs of great headphones, 1 in-ear, 1 - over the ear porofessional studio monitors. So I only need built in speakers for when I have buddies over.

I also plan on moving my rig around a lot, thats why I plan on getting a mini ITX case with a smaller monitor. Thank you very much though. Thanks to everyone else too for the input.
---
i produce/sing/write-
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79C8AA8CD62A06C4