This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever taken days off after buying new games/consoles/GPU?

#31BomasaPosted 10/16/2013 6:18:46 PM
Personally I would just go to work and then play when I'm off work depending if I have time to play when I am home.
---
Steam ID: Bomasa
#32Kosba_2142Posted 10/16/2013 6:19:12 PM
YukitoRambo posted...
cody4783 posted...
And potentially shooting the karma horse for if you ever do become deathly ill and have to take a day or two off.

Hell I was legitimately sick last week and went to work anyway. >_>

I thought we have SICK LEAVE for that? Which is supposed to be granted by a medical practitioner, and seperate from annual leave which is granted by the company?

You'd HAVE to be sick in the head to take a day off work for video games. Have you no sense of responsibility?
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#33Ch3wyPosted 10/16/2013 6:23:48 PM
YukitoRambo posted...
cody4783 posted...
And potentially shooting the karma horse for if you ever do become deathly ill and have to take a day or two off.

Hell I was legitimately sick last week and went to work anyway. >_>

I thought we have SICK LEAVE for that? Which is supposed to be granted by a medical practitioner, and seperate from annual leave which is granted by the company?

In the states companies aren't required to give you any paid sick leave at all.

Most if not all salaried positions do have it, but it's generally limited to like a week a year.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#34YukitoRambo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 6:43:05 PM
cody4783 posted...

I'm also assuming you ARE using sick days or holidays to play games, and not just randomly not showing up for work outside of those allotted days. Because that's a good way not to have a job anymore --- Then sure, you can take all the freaking days off you want.

There's a reason I explicitly stated 'annual leave' in the poll choices. I personally can't imagine faking illness, because our company doctor is pretty good at detecting BS. lol The only time I ever took a sick leave in the years I've worked until now was when I went down with pneumonia.

Besides, I don't think people who fake their MCs gonna last long anyway.
---
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope
#35Ch3wyPosted 10/16/2013 7:00:27 PM
YukitoRambo posted...
cody4783 posted...

I'm also assuming you ARE using sick days or holidays to play games, and not just randomly not showing up for work outside of those allotted days. Because that's a good way not to have a job anymore --- Then sure, you can take all the freaking days off you want.

There's a reason I explicitly stated 'annual leave' in the poll choices. I personally can't imagine faking illness, because our company doctor is pretty good at detecting BS. lol The only time I ever took a sick leave in the years I've worked until now was when I went down with pneumonia.

Besides, I don't think people who fake their MCs gonna last long anyway.

Company doctor? What country do you live in?

Most places here either go on the honor system or don't care if you use sick days as vacation days. I've never heard of anything like a company doctor.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#36SenkoyPosted 10/16/2013 7:42:32 PM
As a responsible adult, no I've never done it.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#37arstosPosted 10/16/2013 7:45:39 PM
yeah, i'll schedule some time off when there's a game i'm really looking forward to. gotta love paid sick/vacation time, i always joke that i achieved my dream of getting paid to play video games.
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7
#38Fury_FuturPosted 10/16/2013 7:51:01 PM
If anything, I work harder so once I get home and I take off my shoes/socks/pants(?) and start them up, it's even more satisfyin' man..

mm mm
---
PC: 16 cores with 10 meg pipe | XTREME Case modified with flames and blue LEDs for XTREME speeds | 22" CPU
#39cody4783Posted 10/16/2013 8:51:06 PM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...
In the states companies aren't required to give you any paid sick leave at all.
Most if not all salaried positions do have it, but it's generally limited to like a week a year.

Which is a large portion of my point, without explicitly stating that nothing guarantees you get it. I'm admittedly 20 years old and have only worked for *very* small-scale companies with a handful of employees (Talking 20 people or less here) and relatively lax work schedules/sick leave/etc....

So I wasn't going to outright *say* that nothing is set in stone to say you 100% get sick days or not---Because the places I've worked at *didn't* have clear-cut rules for this; You played it by ear depending on how "Sick" you were, and how badly you were needed at work at the time.

Ch3wy posted...

Company doctor? What country do you live in?
Most places here either go on the honor system or don't care if you use sick days as vacation days. I've never heard of anything like a company doctor.

I agree again... No "Company doctors" or any of that nonsense. You call in sick, you better be damn convincing or have a legitimate reason, because no one is checking to see if you are or not, and if you aren't and someone hears about it, you're up s*** creek.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#40VideoGameBlitzPosted 10/16/2013 8:53:17 PM
I used to take off for WoW expansions, but didnt for Cata/MoP.
---
Not changing until a FFVI(6) remake is released 5/21/10