This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever taken days off after buying new games/consoles/GPU?

#41Tyranius2Posted 10/16/2013 8:54:35 PM
Kosba_2142 posted...
YukitoRambo posted...
cody4783 posted...
And potentially shooting the karma horse for if you ever do become deathly ill and have to take a day or two off.

Hell I was legitimately sick last week and went to work anyway. >_>

I thought we have SICK LEAVE for that? Which is supposed to be granted by a medical practitioner, and seperate from annual leave which is granted by the company?

You'd HAVE to be sick in the head to take a day off work for video games. Have you no sense of responsibility?

lol working is a means to an end, nothing more. You're working to support yourself, your family and your hobbies. Anybody who prioritizes work over anything is an idiot
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#42KidInTheHallPosted 10/16/2013 8:55:11 PM
Ch3wy posted...
YukitoRambo posted...
cody4783 posted...

I'm also assuming you ARE using sick days or holidays to play games, and not just randomly not showing up for work outside of those allotted days. Because that's a good way not to have a job anymore --- Then sure, you can take all the freaking days off you want.

There's a reason I explicitly stated 'annual leave' in the poll choices. I personally can't imagine faking illness, because our company doctor is pretty good at detecting BS. lol The only time I ever took a sick leave in the years I've worked until now was when I went down with pneumonia.

Besides, I don't think people who fake their MCs gonna last long anyway.

Company doctor? What country do you live in?

Most places here either go on the honor system or don't care if you use sick days as vacation days. I've never heard of anything like a company doctor.

With that name probably Vietnam.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#43Tyranius2Posted 10/16/2013 9:16:55 PM
Senkoy posted...
As a responsible adult, no I've never done it.

Another brainwashed drone. The company who employs you most likely doesn't give two craps about you, yet you are such a loyal dog. And you can't think you're better than someone who's exerting their right to live, while you're rotting in some office.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#44Devil_wings00Posted 10/16/2013 9:20:33 PM
Never personally done it but I don't see what the problem is with taking some vacation days to play a game you were REALLY looking forward to, that's what they are there for. As long as you don't just call in sick and screw someone else day off, that's a dick move.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#45codyorrPosted 10/17/2013 5:14:17 AM
Uh.... *looks around* Nope. Sure haven't. Never done that. No way. I'd rather be working away every day.
#46chrono625Posted 10/17/2013 5:41:30 AM
Tyranius2 posted...
Senkoy posted...
As a responsible adult, no I've never done it.

Another brainwashed drone. The company who employs you most likely doesn't give two craps about you, yet you are such a loyal dog. And you can't think you're better than someone who's exerting their right to live, while you're rotting in some office.

I don't do it because I'd rather not take a sick or personal day on something so silly. Doesn't make me a company man.

I prefer to keep those days for when I actually am sick or have an emergency. People who use up their sick time on BS then come to work sick because they have no more sick time piss me off.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's