This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here use chromecast?

#1IncomingF5Posted 10/16/2013 12:47:48 PM
Ok so I am having a problem where it says my computer cannot connect to the same network as your Chromecast.

My computer is connected through my modem with an ethernet cable and my chromecast is connected to the router wirelessly but doesnt have internet anything I can do to fix this?
#2MoonsePosted 10/16/2013 4:01:56 PM
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port and the PC to a LAN/Ethernet port. Or is that how it currently is?
---
Mind the grue.
#3chimichanga XDPosted 10/16/2013 4:23:56 PM
To use Chromecast from a WIRED computer, I had to enable IGMP in my router.
#4IncomingF5(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 4:27:10 PM
I tried connecting with my iphone 5 and it seemed to connect and update then it worked from the computer after. weird. although netflix is kinda laggy in the chromecast.
#5AllHailTheDead6Posted 10/16/2013 5:48:17 PM
What is this exactly i see it here at my best buy and it seems interesting
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#6MoonsePosted 10/16/2013 6:20:02 PM
AllHailTheDead6 posted...

It's a little media streamer you plug into a display with HDMI, giving you some benefits of a Google TV or other media box like Roku or Apple TV at a much reduced cost and foot print... except for requiring an additional device such as a phone, tablet or PC, which we all probably have one of so that's a non-issue.

For example you can stream Netflix or Youtube or anything else Chromecast currently supports, from your phone, tablet or what have you to your TV over your home network. It works very well in my experience streaming 1080p video content from my Nexus 7 tablet and PC.

Think of it like a wireless HDMI connection from your devices to your TV, except it limits you to using certain applications, mostly Chrome applications.
---
Mind the grue.
#7chimichanga XDPosted 10/16/2013 7:36:39 PM
Moonse posted...
AllHailTheDead6 posted...

1080p video content

It streams at 720p max. Sorry :(
#8IncomingF5(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 12:00:19 PM
It basically streams stuff from your phone/pc. On my Iphone I can stream through netflix and youtube and on my pc by using chrome I can basically stream tabs so it shows up on my tv and can use apps from chrome like I would apps on my phone. So far it is a 5/10 for me.