This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Telltale games?

#1Super_trunkxPosted 10/16/2013 4:41:36 PM
Are there anymore telltale games which are like the walking dead or the wolf among us?
---
I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG
#2DerPancakePosted 10/16/2013 4:42:47 PM
You mean their interactive movies?
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#3BogePosted 10/16/2013 4:45:22 PM(edited)
DerPancake posted...

Regardless, The Walking Dead is the second best entertainment I've experienced this year.

The do a Back to the Future series as well.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#4TheFeshPincePosted 10/16/2013 4:47:42 PM
DerPancake posted...

This.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 10/16/2013 4:49:09 PM
How is the BttF and Wallace & Gromit games? Been playing Sam & Max right now its hilarious.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#6happyscrub1Posted 10/16/2013 4:49:41 PM
Boge posted...

Regardless, The Walking Dead is the second best entertainment I've experienced this year..

No this
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#7MarceloSampaioPosted 10/16/2013 4:58:32 PM
Super_trunkx posted...
Are there anymore telltale games which are like the walking dead or the wolf among us?

Most their games are very similar. They all are point-and-click adventures with very light puzzles, most have detailed storylines, most have multiple choices dialogues that only offers cosmetic changes, etc.

But TWD and TWAU changed some things. They made the puzzles even simpler, compared to games like Sam and Max and Monkey Island, even going as far as practically eliminating the inventory.

On the other hand, they have an even more detailed storyline (in fact, TWD has an AMAZING storyline), and added choices that changes things in the game (it doesn't change the core of the story, but DO change some events, altering minor - and A FEW major - details). Not only that, but the choices are carried to the next episode, something new for Telltale.

Most of their earlier games are comedies though. Jurassic Park and Back to the Future added a more serious tone, but NOTHING like TWD. I recommend BttF, BTW. Its amazing, has a great storyline, but much like TWD, its no more than an interactive movie (and even worse in this aspect, since the story don't change based on your choices).
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#8FirelanderXPosted 10/16/2013 4:58:45 PM

Regardless, The Walking Dead is the best entertainment I've experienced last year..

Fix'd
---
Gamertag: FirelanderX
#9MarceloSampaioPosted 10/16/2013 5:01:11 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
How is the BttF and Wallace & Gromit games? Been playing Sam & Max right now its hilarious.

BTTF is TWD without the choices. It has very few puzzles (yet, they are still more complex than the ones in TWD) and no inventory management, but has an amazing storyline (I hated the last episode though...).

As for Wallace & Gromit, I haven't played it, but all I can say is that it looks exactly like the animation. :p
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#10KillerTrufflePosted 10/16/2013 5:14:54 PM
The Wallace & Gromit games are OK - they do feel just like the cartoons/movies. Puzzles range from pretty simple to not so obvious. They're decent games for the genre... not my favorite, but they have the same style of writing and stuff in terms of plot.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23