This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Telltale games?

#11_LegendaryPunk_Posted 10/16/2013 5:34:11 PM
DerPancake posted...
You mean their interactive movies?

Definitely won't argue you on that. Still damn good entertainment though.
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
#12TimePharaohPosted 10/16/2013 5:39:15 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
On the other hand, they have an even more detailed storyline (in fact, TWD has an AMAZING storyline), and added choices that changes things in the game (it doesn't change the core of the story, but DO change some events, altering minor - and A FEW major - details). Not only that, but the choices are carried to the next episode, something new for Telltale.

Which is still meaningless because there's only two paths that will always lead to the exact same places
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#13KeeperofthedarkPosted 10/16/2013 6:41:38 PM(edited)
DerPancake posted...
You mean their interactive movies?

>Implying interactive movies are not entertaining.
>Implying that interactivity is not one of the key parts of what makes a video game a video game
#14NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/16/2013 7:57:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15MarceloSampaioPosted 10/17/2013 4:58:20 AM(edited)
TimePharaoh posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
On the other hand, they have an even more detailed storyline (in fact, TWD has an AMAZING storyline), and added choices that changes things in the game (it doesn't change the core of the story, but DO change some events, altering minor - and A FEW major - details). Not only that, but the choices are carried to the next episode, something new for Telltale.

Which is still meaningless because there's only two paths that will always lead to the exact same places

Thats why I said MINOR details. The changes create some cosmetic changes, doesn't really change the core of the story.

But if you already played the game, you DO know that important characters can die, and change some things in the story. Again, MINOR deails, but still different. Choices may not completelly change the story, but will change some dialogues, will change MANY scenes (leading to the same conclusion, most of the time), it will even change the WAY people talk with you.

I don't agree that its meaningless. Its just that people where expecting the choices to change this game like Deus Ex's choices. People where expecting TWD to be a replayable experience with multiple pathes. Me, I never expected this. This is a Telltale game, for crying out loud! Thing is: compared to their earlier games like BttF and Sam and Max, this game added a nice COSMETIC feature. I LOVE the fact that my choices change the way people treat me, of the fact that I can see some scenes in a different way.

Like I said: TWD is like most older Telltale games, but with added choices that makes some changes in the game. ;)
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#16NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/17/2013 8:43:18 AM
Being a huge fan of both Back to the Future and Wallace and Gromit franchises, I'd whole heartedly recommend you get Back to the Future and whole heartedly recommend you don't get Wallace and Gromit.

While both have fairly simple gameplay elements in that they're both solving relatively easy puzzles, which will probably be a bit tougher at least compared to TWD. But where BttF suceeds W&G fails, in Story and recapturing 'the feel' of the franchise. While BttF has a great overarching story formed through 5 parts with familiar and interesting characters, W&G just has 4 separate and rather mediocre stories, with unfamiliar and, apart from Wallace and Gromit themselves, annoying characters. In regards to 'feel', I feel (:3) that BttF does a superb job recapturing the franchises flavour. Whether with Wallace and Gromit it is just too distant from the original zest of the series. Wallace's voice is annoyingly off (compared to BttF where Marty's voice is pretty much spot on), the animation is pretty bad and the artistic style looks ugly and very... UnAardman like (Alot like how Flushed Away feels). The comedic style too feels out of whack with the original series. Though it doesn't certainly doesn't dampen Wallace and Gromit's franchise, it doesn't really add anything.

Though two other Telltale games I'd recommend is Poker Night and Puzzle Agent. The later especially if you enjoy Fargo.

P.S Sorry I had to repost, my grammar in that post was horrible.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010