This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some games that were clearly false or deceptive advertising?

#41AsucaHayashiPosted 10/17/2013 6:42:08 AM
because a great deal of what happens on console bleeds its way onto PC.

didn't even have to think for a second before coming up with this prominent example:
XBL > GFWL
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#42Lonestar2000Posted 10/17/2013 6:52:47 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
because a great deal of what happens on console bleeds its way onto PC.

didn't even have to think for a second before coming up with this prominent example:
XBL > GFWL

What does that have to do with the better looking PC version masquerading as a console version at E3?
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#43AsucaHayashiPosted 10/17/2013 7:06:25 AM
why are you singling out graphics as seemingly being the only point?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#44KidIcarootsPosted 10/17/2013 7:09:29 AM
The cranky hermit posted...
In every spec, the SNES was superior to the Genesis, except the number value attributed to the processor speed, which led the marketing team to grab on to this for their nut job campaign. The fact someone still thinks Blast Processing actually meant something is a proof of human stupidity at it's finest. Incredible!

Unless you're denying that the Genesis had a higher processor speed (referring to this as a "number value" is a very odd choice of words), you just repeated my own point, and said yourself what Blast Processing actually means.

What part of marketing BS you are unable to comprehend? There is no Blast Processing. It doesn't exist! The number of the processor clocked speed alone is not indicative of any hardware advantage whatsoever. Blast Processing is a hoax.
#45DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/17/2013 7:12:48 AM
KidIcaroots posted...
Blast Processing is a hoax.

No it's an irrelevant term used to explain to the masses that it has a more powerful clockspeed. The public in general at the time had no idea what any of that clockspeed nonsense meant so they came up with a gimmicky catch phrase to help explain the fact. Its not a hoax and it did represent something. Unfortunately that something was largely irrelevant to the overall quality and performance of the games that utilized it.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#46lionheart5656(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 8:38:59 AM
This is great stuff guys. Thank you.

The more I get, the better I can make this paper.

If it's good enough, I can get it published for all the legal world to see which would hopefully bring some attention to the issue.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#47SinisterSlayPosted 10/17/2013 8:42:07 AM
Nearly every console game uses bullshots, the fact that we have a name for it should tell you how common it is.

Every year, E3 is basically a PC game display, all the games are degraded at release to work on consoles.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#48PaukenPosted 10/17/2013 9:32:45 AM
KidIcaroots posted...
The cranky hermit posted...
In every spec, the SNES was superior to the Genesis, except the number value attributed to the processor speed, which led the marketing team to grab on to this for their nut job campaign. The fact someone still thinks Blast Processing actually meant something is a proof of human stupidity at it's finest. Incredible!

Unless you're denying that the Genesis had a higher processor speed (referring to this as a "number value" is a very odd choice of words), you just repeated my own point, and said yourself what Blast Processing actually means.

What part of marketing BS you are unable to comprehend? There is no Blast Processing. It doesn't exist! The number of the processor clocked speed alone is not indicative of any hardware advantage whatsoever. Blast Processing is a hoax.

You obviously haven't seen the Star Fox tech demo that one guy made for the Genesis. Fun fact: the SNES needed the Super FX chip to even stand a chance of running Star Fox; the Genesis Star Fox tech demo runs on an unmodified Genesis, with no special chips, and runs better in some cases than the SNES version. Basically Blast Processing may have been a marketing term, but it was actually true that the Genesis was far superior to the SNES, given how it can run a game with no chips that the SNES required a chip to run.
#49HypnotizerPosted 10/17/2013 11:00:55 AM
Fable. I remember all the hype and things Peter Molyneux said would be in the game.

It was soooooo dialed back in the end with most of what was promised castrated out of the game.

Still ended up being good but no where near what was promised.
---
Peace and love!
#50huyiPosted 10/17/2013 1:01:43 PM
pretty much everything surrounding gta 5, down to the online modes too, rockstar boasted a lot and didn't deliver at all.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ