This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good games coming out this year except for BF4 and Arkham Orgins?

#31vashtrichamPosted 10/17/2013 6:36:58 AM
South Park Stick of truth FTW
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#32MackorovPosted 10/17/2013 7:06:54 AM
sonic_rockz posted...

Literally the only improvement people can name from BF3 to 4 is the destruction, which does look very nice, but Ghosts is actually doing a lot of things different, but people will just hate on it because 'lawlz cod not real game'.

Yea Ghost is finally doing something different, that is, with features that we already see in most FPS games. The game only looks `different' because all the previous games have been the same. I can list pretty much nothing new at all between MW3 and MW2, in fact its a tad worse.

BF3 on the other hand already improved alot from the prev games; so what more than to do a touch up with BF4? DICE works their asses off to make such a graphically stunning and technical game while IW probably works half of that while trying to boast with their pathetic new engine that isnt even a new engine. What more is left to love on COD or is this a `lets hate on the game that is on origin and not steam' sort of thing that Steam fanboys here like to do?
#33Kosba_2142Posted 10/17/2013 7:29:28 AM
Collapsing in Real time? You mean the scripted as hell sequence that at some point issues a kill command in a certain radius around it instead of actually crushing people? And how it falls in the exact same direction every time? That is definitely real time, amirite? Face it, their marketing gimmick came down to a scripted tower falling >_>
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#34FenriswolfPosted 10/17/2013 7:33:10 AM
Mackorov posted...
sonic_rockz posted...

Literally the only improvement people can name from BF3 to 4 is the destruction, which does look very nice, but Ghosts is actually doing a lot of things different, but people will just hate on it because 'lawlz cod not real game'.

Yea Ghost is finally doing something different, that is, with features that we already see in most FPS games. The game only looks `different' because all the previous games have been the same. I can list pretty much nothing new at all between MW3 and MW2, in fact its a tad worse.

BF3 on the other hand already improved alot from the prev games; so what more than to do a touch up with BF4? DICE works their asses off to make such a graphically stunning and technical game while IW probably works half of that while trying to boast with their pathetic new engine that isnt even a new engine. What more is left to love on COD or is this a `lets hate on the game that is on origin and not steam' sort of thing that Steam fanboys here like to do?

As opposed to EA fanboys who thinks that graphics makes a game? LMAO. At least COD doesn't have that Battlelog crap.

Modern Warfare 3 introduced survival mode, pointstreaks, strike packages, weapon proficiencies, etc, the subtle balancing stuff that actually improved gameplay.

In contrast Battlefield 3 is a step down from BF2 in terms of gameplay, and only "reintroduced" stuff removed from Bad Company 2 like jets and 64 player maps, and it took another game to reintroduce commander mode. Single player removed all of the open maps from Bad Company and is another scripted COD wannabe.
---
Hello
#35DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/17/2013 7:33:46 AM
Kosba_2142 posted...
Collapsing in Real time? You mean the scripted as hell sequence that at some point issues a kill command in a certain radius around it instead of actually crushing people? And how it falls in the exact same direction every time? That is definitely real time, amirite? Face it, their marketing gimmick came down to a scripted tower falling >_>

Yep and I've actually been killed by the falling radio tower in BF3 on caspian. Again, scripted to fall exactly the same way every time. Its neat but hardly new. The better destruction and minor tweaks to balance and fun are what interest me the most about bf4 but I'll wait a while.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#36fuchikomaPosted 10/17/2013 7:42:19 AM
Considering this is the PC board I'll focus on upcoming PC releases... personally I'm looking forward to Injustice Gods Among Us, Contrast, XCOM Enemy Within, and South Park Stick of Truth.
#37AllHailTheDead6Posted 10/17/2013 8:36:54 AM
to the people hating on BF4 they are tripping

it honestly is such a better game then BF3, which is why I will not be getting it

they freaking removed all the nice multiplayer features in 3 such as the commander and made the map awful to read.

Glad I payed $110 for such an awful game when they purposely removed things from bad company 2
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#38Lonestar2000Posted 10/17/2013 8:49:37 AM
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
to the people hating on BF4 they are tripping

it honestly is such a better game then BF3, which is why I will not be getting it

they freaking removed all the nice multiplayer features in 3 such as the commander and made the map awful to read.

Glad I payed $110 for such an awful game when they purposely removed things from bad company 2

wat
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335