This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the original Deus Ex really that good? I'm not sure how I can play the game

#51GoshoraiPosted 10/18/2013 2:56:12 PM
Cleared for the first time like 5 months ago.

Amazing game.

You should play it TC, and make sure you clear the first level, a lot of people drop the game because the first level is horrid, but the rest of the game is simply a Masterpiece on all levels.
---
"Burn"
Steam ID: Goshorai. / XBL:ShoraiZenta.
#52Oakland510_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 5:13:36 PM(edited)
Judgmenl posted...
Hey guys TC is another one of those guys who thinks that all games should have photorealistic graphics.

Of course they should. We can't be the master race if we settle for such primitive, peasant graphics.
#53MarceloSampaioPosted 10/19/2013 6:07:06 AM
Oakland510_ posted...
Judgmenl posted...
Hey guys TC is another one of those guys who thinks that all games should have photorealistic graphics.

Of course they should. We can't be the master race if we settle for such primitive, peasant graphics.

Then I'm NOT part of this master race you are talking about. I'm a PC gamer, above all else, and to me, what matters most is how GOOD the games are, nou how good they look. Having a great game that also looks amazing is a bonus, but I don't mind playing games like Icewind Dale and Deus EX, since they have great gameplay, while looking primitive.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#54The cranky hermitPosted 10/20/2013 11:42:27 AM
As far as I'm concerned, appreciation of top-tier graphics is a very minor part of the Master Race. A far more important trademark of the Glorious PC Master Race is the ability to play games like Deus Ex, and appreciate them. It's the peasants who exclude with games dated graphics, and likely wouldn't be able to appreciate the depth behind them anyway. Console manufacturers encourage this by erasing their own history - not that PS2 games and such were ever particularly deep, but with no backwards compatibility, each generation of consoles makes accessing many landmark titles of the past an inconvenience that the peasants won't want to bother with.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#55jrr18Posted 10/20/2013 11:52:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#56jrr18Posted 10/20/2013 11:52:29 AM
so is this kind of like alpha protocol gameplay wise?
---
the world did end in 2012 it's just taking a bit to kick in.
PSN/steam jrr101
#57DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/21/2013 3:15:38 PM
jrr18 posted...
so is this kind of like alpha protocol gameplay wise?

I guess it sort of is but its a lot more exploration and getting through areas than alpha protocol. It does behave a lot more like a polished shooter in some respects but your skills and augmentation upgrades make a huge difference to what you can and can't do. There is a lot less choice overall as its a pretty linear game with some minor dialogue changes. Your actions do often see some sort of consequence or reward but usually in a small way through dialogue or some other minor aspect.

Its a lot more action heavy than alpha protocol. You are always in control and aren't fighting the games mechanics like AP. I enjoyed the heck out of AP but deus ex is a cut above.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#58_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/21/2013 3:34:12 PM
It is good, but it is also a game that is very dated.

With some classic games, people play them years later not understanding what "all the fuss is about". Often that is because some of the things they see in current modern game-design were pioneered by those games.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#59TimePharaohPosted 10/21/2013 4:44:00 PM
Oakland510_ posted...
Judgmenl posted...

Thats pretty much the definition of peasant race.

And the fact that you made this topic means you'll never be part of the master race.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#60biohazard1775Posted 10/21/2013 4:46:36 PM
I played it about three months ago and it was perfectly fine. Pleb more.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!