This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With iGoogle shutting down, what's a good alternative?

#11ShubPosted 10/17/2013 12:51:54 PM
I can't say that I've ever felt the need to use the Back button on Feedly!
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#12Mike Xtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 12:55:09 PM
huyi posted...
http://www.ighome.com/

i'm going to use that when igoogle shuts down.

That looks pretty similar to iGoogle. I'll give it a try, thanks
---
I don't like stuff that sucks
#13HydroCannabinolPosted 10/17/2013 1:01:42 PM
Shub posted...

Haha I guess I was just pointing it out. Not sure how they exactly do that, but I noticed a few sites reroute me to their page when I hit back compared to the other 90% of sites where back actually works. If you spam click it you can go back, but in this case I couldn't spam quick enough.

Perhaps I am insane.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#14KillerTrufflePosted 10/17/2013 1:06:35 PM
HydroCannabinol posted...
Shub posted...

Haha I guess I was just pointing it out. Not sure how they exactly do that, but I noticed a few sites reroute me to their page when I hit back compared to the other 90% of sites where back actually works. If you spam click it you can go back, but in this case I couldn't spam quick enough.

Perhaps I am insane.

Most sites I've seen that do that use an instant referral from the initial page you hit, so hitting the back button only takes you back to the forwarding page, which instantly puts you back on the same page you're trying to leave. It's stupid and annoying. Steam does it too (on the webpage, not the client) after you open any page that made you verify your age. It remembers the age is verified, so it instantly forwards you back to the game page again.

Only way I've found past it is to hold the back button down and go back *two* pages.

It can also happen on some sites that load a new ad every few seconds, and each time an ad loads, it's seen as a new page, so by the time you try to go back, you have dozens of instances of the page to plow through. Better to just avoid those pages. :P
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#15HydroCannabinolPosted 10/17/2013 1:47:20 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
HydroCannabinol posted...
Shub posted...

Perhaps I am insane.

Most sites I've seen that do that use an instant referral from the initial page you hit, so hitting the back button only takes you back to the forwarding page, which instantly puts you back on the same page you're trying to leave. It's stupid and annoying. Steam does it too (on the webpage, not the client) after you open any page that made you verify your age. It remembers the age is verified, so it instantly forwards you back to the game page again.

Only way I've found past it is to hold the back button down and go back *two* pages.

It can also happen on some sites that load a new ad every few seconds, and each time an ad loads, it's seen as a new page, so by the time you try to go back, you have dozens of instances of the page to plow through. Better to just avoid those pages. :P

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#16MaxCHEATER64Posted 10/17/2013 6:36:21 PM
lol I haven't used iGoogle in like six years
---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#17TimePharaohPosted 10/17/2013 6:36:44 PM
The_AntiGrim posted...
Shub posted...
The_AntiGrim posted...
....the hell is igoogle?

...just google it?

no. it sounds stupid

---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#18qeoijlijwPosted 10/17/2013 6:52:19 PM
now i remember why i stopped coming here
#19KanokarePosted 10/17/2013 7:51:50 PM(edited)
Mike Xtreme posted...
huyi posted...
http://www.ighome.com/

i'm going to use that when igoogle shuts down.

That looks pretty similar to iGoogle. I'll give it a try, thanks

It should since you export certain things like bookmarks from iGoogle too. I was sad that they were shutting iGoogle down and was happy to find ig Home.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming/videos
#20StraniPosted 10/22/2013 3:18:50 PM
I can recommend http://www.startme.com - I've been using this one for a while now and I'm liking it so far. It's not quite like iGoogle as it's simpler in its design and offer, but it allows me to do what I want to do.