This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Going to be near a microcenter soon, should i buy or wait?

#1Nightmare2398Posted 10/17/2013 8:01:34 AM
I'm going to be staying within 2 miles of a micro center by pure luck this weekend, and i'm in need of a processor, and a 3770k there is only $250.

Should i buy one while i'm there or does anyone think there's a chance that it'll be cheaper online during black friday/ cyber monday? probably a stupid question, but im not building my computer until black friday so i thought i'd ask anyway...

also, 4770k or 3770k? there are a few z77 mobos i like, but also a few z87 that i like, but i'm unsure which will go on sale, so either processor i go with could end up costing me more with the mobo...
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#230aught6Posted 10/17/2013 8:23:40 AM
Nightmare2398 posted...
I'm going to be staying within 2 miles of a micro center by pure luck this weekend, and i'm in need of a processor, and a 3770k there is only $250.

Should i buy one while i'm there or does anyone think there's a chance that it'll be cheaper online during black friday/ cyber monday? probably a stupid question, but im not building my computer until black friday so i thought i'd ask anyway...

Yeah, cheaper, no doubt. Try not to be impatient. :)

I'll probably get carried away myself during cyber Monday, and spend a ton of money because of all the deals.
---
| i7-3930K | MSI Big Bang-XPower II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | Thermaltake TP Grand 1200W | Seagate 240GB SSD | WD Black 4TB | Fractal Define XLR2 |
#3BomasaPosted 10/17/2013 8:24:57 AM
Well it depends if you want it now to see performance or wait to save some money. If you can't wait for a month then go ahead and buy what you need.
---
Steam ID: Bomasa
#4Nightmare2398(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 11:09:47 AM(edited)
well im not building the computer until black friday, i'm just skeptical that a 3770k which is $320 right now will be cheaper than $250 on black friday (the cheapest it's ever been online was $299... last black friday)
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#5BogePosted 10/17/2013 11:28:29 AM
I would buy at Microcenter. Maybe it's just where I'm looking, but I don't usually see that great of deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. It seems the best deals are the ones not even worth getting, going to the store at 4am and fighting a crowd of mean people.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.