This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Batman: AA/AC Steam Patch Live GFWL/Securom removal

#21PhillyCheesePosted 10/17/2013 11:17:18 AM
MacadamianNut3 posted...
I think Steam just gave me a copy of Arkham City GOTY

I already had Arkham City + all of the DLC, just bought Arkham Asylum (again) since I couldn't retrieve my code from Gamestop's super f***ing s***ty ass app, and now I have the following listed in my library

Arkham Asylum GOTY
Arkham City
Arkham City GOTY

Same kind of situation with me. I bought Arkham Asylum GOTY in a bundle with basic Arkham City during 2012's steam summer sale. Arkham City had no DLC with it, now if I look at dlc it shows I own it all under Basic Arkham City, and I also now have Arkham City GOTY listed under it as well.
#22xanthan1Posted 10/17/2013 11:20:37 AM
ToastyOne posted...
The GFWL marketplace. I bought Batman: AA on sale back in early 2010.

Contact support and ask for it then.
#23RyamusPosted 10/17/2013 11:33:59 AM
MacadamianNut3 posted...
I think Steam just gave me a copy of Arkham City GOTY

I already had Arkham City + all of the DLC, just bought Arkham Asylum (again) since I couldn't retrieve my code from Gamestop's super f***ing s***ty ass app, and now I have the following listed in my library

Arkham Asylum GOTY
Arkham City
Arkham City GOTY

I clicked 2 buttons to get my Arkham City code from the Gamestop app...
#24MI2DragonPosted 10/17/2013 11:34:58 AM
I have the retail copy of AC. Does this mean that I'm going to have to now download all 20GB through Steam just so I can play my ******** game?
---
100 percent of the people I asked, would recommend this sig to their friends.
#25arleasPosted 10/17/2013 11:39:47 AM
I have the retail copy of AC. Does this mean that I'm going to have to now download all 20GB through Steam just so I can play my ******** game?

If it's already installed, I'd just start the download on steam, then after a minute, I'd stop it, copy over everything from your existing install to the steam folder and then start the download again... see how much it'll accept as already installed vs downloading again. If that doesn't work, then at least you still have an option to play your ************ game instead of being forced to say "oh well, GFWL is gone so I can't play it at all"
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
#26gastamanPosted 10/17/2013 11:53:06 AM(edited)
ToastyOne posted...
The GFWL marketplace. I bought Batman: AA on sale back in early 2010.

Yeah, that sucks. Just tried to launch the GFWL Client and got the "Connection Error" message. Hopefully they'll have it back up soon. Thankfully for me, I don't have Batman AC or Batman AA on GFWL Client, but I did need it for Bioshock 2. Thankfully, I did that a couple of days ago.

Edit: Also got a copy of B:AC GOTY now as well.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#27TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 10/17/2013 11:55:30 AM
1. I hope this isn't handled like BioShock 2 (i.e. it gets completely redownloaded)

2. If 1 is true, I hope I didn't leave my computer on last night. Data caps suck.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#28Killah PriestPosted 10/17/2013 11:58:45 AM
Same kind of situation with me. I bought Arkham Asylum GOTY in a bundle with basic Arkham City during 2012's steam summer sale. Arkham City had no DLC with it, now if I look at dlc it shows I own it all under Basic Arkham City, and I also now have Arkham City GOTY listed under it as well.

I had arkham city vanilla, now I have arkham city GOTY, no double listing.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#29notSFFPosted 10/17/2013 12:32:10 PM
So...is the "suddenly having the GOTY version of AC" thing legit, or is it a "free weekend" promotion?
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#30AJnolPosted 10/17/2013 1:08:41 PM
Is this effective immediately? I tried entering the key from my retail version in Steam and I got an "invalid code" message.