This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Batman: AA/AC Steam Patch Live GFWL/Securom removal

#41jelly2008Posted 10/17/2013 6:36:31 PM
I have the physical version of the game installed. Does that mean that I must redownload the entire game on Steam, or just move the files to a specific folder? Can someone confirm this for me?
---
Intel C2D E7500 | Intel DG41RQ | CM GX550W Bronze | ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU | 4GB Transcend DDR2-800 RAM | Seagate 320GB HDD | Hitachi 250GB HDD | Win Vista SP2
#42LokiHero2Posted 10/17/2013 7:06:26 PM(edited)
I had a non-goty AC code that I was going to enter if I ever got around to playing AA, but after all this talk about getting the GOTY edition I decided to enter it.. and it now says Batman: AC GOTY in my library so I am pretty happy :)
#43AnnihilatedPosted 10/17/2013 6:44:25 PM
jelly2008 posted...
I have the physical version of the game installed. Does that mean that I must redownload the entire game on Steam, or just move the files to a specific folder? Can someone confirm this for me?

If you purchased either of the games on Steam all you have to do is let Steam download the latest patch and you will be fine.

If you purchased the games somewhere else you will need to enter the code in Steam. (You can find steps to do this on the bottom of this.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/200260/announcements/detail/1909817119598626547
#44Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 10/17/2013 6:55:01 PM
They need to do this with the GTA games
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
You can tell a lot about a person based on how they treat the weaker members of society.
#45AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/17/2013 7:19:44 PM
And the DiRT series. I would love to have all the DLC DiRT3 has.
#46RyamusPosted 10/17/2013 7:51:46 PM
ToastyOne posted...
I emailed WB games explaining my situation. Looks like I shouldn't bother with Microsoft/Xbox...

It would really suck if owners of vanilla Batman:AA on steam get a free upgrade to GOTY, and vanilla AA owners on GFWL get hosed completely.

EDIT: Hold on. After watching a big thread on neogaf user grief.exe suggested the following for Batman:AA

Install, get key from windows registry, or when you launch the game.

Gonna try that. Have to install game all over. Brb...

Did it end up working?
#47ToastyOnePosted 10/17/2013 8:10:36 PM
Nope. I didn't get any game key when I installed. It asked for an activation key when installing, I just copied and pasted the LIVE access code in the activation box and the game installed.

I tried dicking around in the registry to find my key but to no avail. Only hope now is WB getting back to me.

If all else fails I'll just get the damn thing on steam. Trading for it is even cheaper than paying the 5 bucks.
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5392/picture002wmc.jpg
steamcommunity.com/id/Armatoste/
#48Chaos_MissilePosted 10/17/2013 9:55:18 PM
GodXII posted...
If you purchased the games somewhere else you will need to enter the code in Steam. (You can find steps to do this on the bottom of this.

(...)

Going forward you do not have to worry about where you stored that disc. If you switch computers or go to a friendís house you simply need to download Steam, log into your account, then go to the library and select to install your game.

(...)

To enter your CD Key in Steam please do the following:

1. Click ADD A GAME....

2. Select Activate a Product on Steam..

3. Click Next.

4. Click I Agree.

5. Enter your CD Key and select next once the game finishes downloading you will be able to play the game.

Hm...that's a relief.

I bought Arkham Asylum back when I was still studying in Aus in 2011, but have not the chance to play it because:-
a) backlog too huge at point of time and I only, a few months back, got a PC strong enough to start clearing them. Arkham Asylum(and City once I'm done with Asylum) will be reached eventually.
b) my new PC has no drive, so I'll need to create an ISO for my DVD before I install it >_>

I was alittle worried when I heard GFWL was shutting down, but this is a slight relief.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#49FenriswolfPosted 10/17/2013 10:20:11 PM
People are reporting lost saves left and right, while my retail GFWL version is running as smooth as ever. GG Steamworks.
---
Hello
#50TimePharaohPosted 10/17/2013 10:23:23 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
People are reporting lost saves left and right, while my retail GFWL version is running as smooth as ever. GG Steamworks.

Literally nothing to do with Steamworks
And the saves aren't "lost"
GFWL saves gamesaves to GFWL server. So, they're there...on the GFWL server.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere