This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All Gog.com games are coming to Steam. What's going on?

#21MarceloSampaioPosted 10/17/2013 12:55:10 PM(edited)
r0ge00 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Many games there I want.

Then buy them.

GOG doesn't accept Brazilian credit cards, only International ones. And I don't want an International card JUST so I can buy GOG games.

Steam DOES accept ANY kind of credit card, bank slips and brazilian back transfers.

---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#22Zohar_MetatronPosted 10/17/2013 12:54:46 PM
What's going on is that publishers are selling things in more then one location to maximize profits.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#23r0ge00Posted 10/17/2013 12:57:18 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
GOG doesn't accept Brazilian credit cards, only International ones. And I don't want an International card JUST so I can buy GOG games.

Steam DOES accept ANY kind of credit card, bank slips and brazilian back transfers.

Paypal?
#24HydroCannabinolPosted 10/17/2013 1:00:28 PM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
What's going on is that publishers are selling things in more then one location to maximize profits.

This. Steam offers worldwide sales.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#25MarceloSampaioPosted 10/17/2013 1:03:16 PM
r0ge00 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

Paypal?

Paypal doesn't accept brazilian credit cards either.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#26TimePharaohPosted 10/17/2013 4:28:24 PM
Because it has literally nothing to do with either GOG or Valve because the games are owned by publishers and they decide what stores to put their games in?

What kind of derpy topic is this
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#27KidIcaroots(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 5:55:49 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Because it has literally nothing to do with either GOG or Valve because the games are owned by publishers and they decide what stores to put their games in?

No, actually Gog.com does actively go after publishers that own old PC games to bring them to the site. Most old games are optimized for modern PCs by GOG, not the publishers. So the versions appearing on Steam are not the versions on GOG.
#28TimePharaohPosted 10/17/2013 5:59:46 PM
KidIcaroots posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

No, actually Gog.com does actively go after publishers that own old PC games to bring them to the site. Most old games are optimized for modern PCs by GOG, not the publishers. So the versions appearing on Steam are not the versions on GOG.

....yes, they are. SS2, IHNMAIMS, the Duke Nukems, pretty much (or all?) games that came out same time/after on Steam are literally the exact same version.

Do you think GOG phones them up, says hey lets release your game, the publisher says ok, GOG does all this work, and then out of nowhere the publisher decides to do their own separate work later and release it on Steam, even though they had years they could have just thrown out the old version?

I loled
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#29ShubPosted 10/17/2013 6:01:13 PM
KidIcaroots posted...
So the versions appearing on Steam are not the versions on GOG.

They are in some cases. In a lot of cases, all GOG does is package the game nicely with DOSBox so you can just run it with one click. Anyone can do that really, GOG just did whatever they needed to do to be allowed to resell the game.
Check out the screenshots for Wizardry VII: http://store.steampowered.com/app/245430/
One of them actually says "GOGCOM"... and if you go look at the screenshots for the same game at GOG, they're the same pics as on Steam.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#30AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/17/2013 6:02:50 PM
Legacy of Kain games.