This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All Gog.com games are coming to Steam. What's going on?

#41ZeroRaiderPosted 10/19/2013 5:50:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#42MarceloSampaioPosted 10/19/2013 6:01:06 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
Old games on Steam is simply a waste of time. Why inconvenient yourself with an additional layer of DRM, when GOG offers more, including free soundtracks, wallpapers, and actually making sure the games actually work with modern systems?

GOG doesn't support all payment methods that Steam does, and they REALLY don't give a damn about non-supported countries (like Brazil, a country that is buying more and more games nowdays...).

Me, I can't buy games on GOG, so I can only buy them from Steam, or buy them rental (OR pirate, but I really don't have the patience to pirate...).
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#43LoneCourier2281Posted 10/19/2013 2:07:04 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Old games on Steam is simply a waste of time. Why inconvenient yourself with an additional layer of DRM, when GOG offers more, including free soundtracks, wallpapers, and actually making sure the games actually work with modern systems?

GOG doesn't support all payment methods that Steam does, and they REALLY don't give a damn about non-supported countries (like Brazil, a country that is buying more and more games nowdays...).

Me, I can't buy games on both GOG, so I can only buy them from Steam, or buy them rental (OR pirate, but I really don't have the patience to pirate...).

I'm surprised you didn't get modded, they really look down on that kind of stuff here.

But I have a bunch of games on Steam and GOG, depends on who is having a sale and when.
---
Currently playing Tales of Vesperia and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
#44strongo9Posted 10/19/2013 2:15:38 PM
I wish GOG's sales were more up to par with Steam's.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#45ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/19/2013 3:41:35 PM
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Shadow Man
The 7th Guest
The 11th Hour

Just in the past 3 or so days.
#46TimePharaohPosted 10/19/2013 4:55:32 PM
Fenriswolf posted...

Well good thing none of the games on GOG and Steam have DRM on Steam. Does that make you feel better?
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#47KidIcaroots(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 12:42:18 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

Well good thing none of the games on GOG and Steam have DRM on Steam. Does that make you feel better?

What?
#48LostHisHardcorePosted 10/22/2013 1:19:01 AM
strongo9 posted...
I wish GOG's sales were more up to par with Steam's.

GoGs exchange rate is honest though
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#49Tommy2GoGoPosted 10/22/2013 1:29:48 AM
I like that GOG includes a little bit of extras when you purchase a game. The soundtrack, wallpapers, manual, etc.

So that's cool.

I don't mind GOG games on steam though. I welcome them.
#50TimePharaohPosted 10/22/2013 1:35:13 AM(edited)
KidIcaroots posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
KidIcaroots posted...
Sorry to be so frank, but you are speaking out of your @ss. Gog.com reps and publishers talked about this publicly in the past. The old games, the ones that need DOSBOX or some sort of work to make it run on modern PCs, have been worked on by Gog. So, if they are coming to Steam, it's guaranteed not the same version.

You're cute. How are they not the same when they run the same, use the same DOS emulator (for the DOS ones), have all the same files, Steam version has no actual Steam features (and is DRM free)? So it's just a coincidence that a game that hasn't been on Steam for X amount of years, suddenly shows up at the same time as the "new improved modern GOG version", and is exactly the same? At this happens dozens of times? From different publishers?

You sound rather derpy.

You're just a sad troll.

Ah yes, good ol' "derp I don't have an argument, and I know it, but I can't just admit how wrong I am". Literally has absolutely nothing to back his incredibly stupid claim but just keeps repeating it (if you say it enough times you'll believe it!), gets about a dozen educated, logical points why he's wrong from someone who actually knows what he's talking about, suddenly resorts to "o ur a troll". Completely wrong use of the term, by the way, but I guess that's expected from a derp. You're cute when you're embarrassingly wrong. Keep up the good work.

KidIcaroots posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

What?

Did I stutter?

Oh, are you telling me that not only do you not understand how GOG works, or the Steam Store, you also don't understand how Steam works in general? Well, that explains your ignorance, although now I'm confused on why you were trying to pretend you knew what you were talking about.

Now lets just skip the next part where you post the inevitable derp post of "butsteamisdrm", get told no, post the wikipedia link, and then get sonned for your terrible reading comprehension. It's monotonous at this point. Plus, judging by your amazing comprehension skills displayed earlier, you won't understand anyway and just end up screaming NO U.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere