This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I won a Apple Ipad through my work, and I am trying to figure out what to do.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I won a Apple Ipad through my work, and I am trying to figure out what to do.
3 years ago#11
03251 posted...
walmart hack and get a nexus 7.

this
i7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz | GA-Z77-D3H | Corsair H100i | 16GB HyperX Beast | ASUS GTX 770 | Intel 520 SSD | Seasonic 660 Platinum | Corsair 500r
3 years ago#12
Javelin posted...
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
If you want a tablet then nothing really touches the iPad. If you don't want a tablet then you should sell it but getting any other tablet would be a downgrade.

Hardware wise the Nexus 7 is damn good and very comparable. Software wise I'm not sure. I'm not an android user.
3 years ago#13
I really don't like apple products either but I was given an iPad as a hand me down and I use it occasionally. Its a good tablet.

It sucks you have to pay 200 tho, just don't buy apps or things on iTunes and you're not really getting sucked into the whole apple scam.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
3 years ago#14
40% tax LOL what?
i think it's nice
3 years ago#15
snkboi posted...
40% tax LOL what?

That's about how much you'd pay the government if you won the lottery. It's a similar situation.

Killah Priest posted...
don't buy apps or things on iTunes and you're not really getting sucked into the whole apple scam

How it is a scam exactly?
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#16
I laughed at the "won an iPad, but have to pay $200 to get it."

I understand that is still a discount on one but for $200 you can get a Nexus 7.

I would either sell it and make some money or decline it altogether. I don't get how they decided on a 40% tax for a prize on a drawing.

Did you have to pay to be eligible? Like a raffle?
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
3 years ago#17
How it is a scam exactly?

I should have used the word "trap"
3 years ago#18
Scam or trap, I don't see how it is one.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#19
If he doesn't like using apple products how is it not a trap to invest in apps tied to apple stores?
3 years ago#20
For 200 bucks, i'd recommend keeping it, jailbreaking it, and just having fun with it. You can still resell it for a profit. Being an Apple product it's resale value will keep for a while.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I won a Apple Ipad through my work, and I am trying to figure out what to do.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived