This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nym1.ib.adnxs.com "pop up" while browsing Gamefaqs on my phone?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. nym1.ib.adnxs.com "pop up" while browsing Gamefaqs on my phone?

User Info: ShuraYukihime

ShuraYukihime
3 years ago#1
While browsing Gamefaqs on my phone I got two pop ups back to back from "nym1.ib.adnxs.com". I'm wondering what that is.

The phone is a Galaxy S3 using Chrome. Not rooted. Have not installed apps from anywhere other than the play store.

When I google it I only get results for people having that sort of issue on their computers.
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.

User Info: SlashmanSG

SlashmanSG
3 years ago#2
Just started getting that too.
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#3
You need more adblock, I only browse gamefaqs on firefox mobile with adblock beause of all the irritating ads moving the page around as it loads.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

ShuraYukihime
3 years ago#4
I'm wondering if it's a problem with Gamefaqs adhost service or a problem with my phone.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#5
ShuraYukihime posted...
I'm wondering if it's a problem with Gamefaqs adhost service or a problem with my phone.

Don't know, I've gotten 1 of those ads that blocks out your screen and that was it, I switched to firefox with adblock.
1 annoying ad and gamefaq lost ad revenue from me.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

ShuraYukihime
3 years ago#6
This isn't really an "ad" but a pop up dialogue box with "ok and cancel". I think the ones I got were about something that sounded like a mobile game.

User Info: Lumaga

Lumaga
3 years ago#7
I just started getting this tonight. I first checked recently updated apps to make sure I hadn't downloaded something malicious. It only appears on GameFAQs and others are reporting it too, so that must not be it.

Looks like a problem on gamefaqs.
[Proud Parents] | [Papal Crusaders] | http://gfmods.ytmnd.com/ | XBL: Royal Scam

User Info: bassyura

bassyura
3 years ago#8
Has this been reported?
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!

User Info: arstos

arstos
3 years ago#9
yeah i just noticed that on my pc at work, i'd put adblock on there, but the techs don't like us putting anything on the pc.
PSN:Dragonlibrarian
Steam:Dragonlibrarian7

User Info: Nightmare2398

Nightmare2398
3 years ago#10
i get a redirect ad on my laptop from gamefaqs occasionally, and sometimes see popup blocked while on here, it's really freaking annoying... wth happened to gamefaqs?
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. nym1.ib.adnxs.com "pop up" while browsing Gamefaqs on my phone?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived