This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nym1.ib.adnxs.com "pop up" while browsing Gamefaqs on my phone?

#21NicoC96Posted 10/19/2013 9:20:53 AM(edited)
Psykic Petrol posted...
Root and then get https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/org.adaway

How dare you suggest root! Do you know how many people will condemn you for making such a logical suggestion that they don't understand! Surely everybody's phone will burst into flames from trying to do this!

Don't knock it till you try it folks. Rooting is just like being an administer on Windows. Unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery, and flashing anything less than official stable builds from CyanogenMod is what will put you into issues. Even then you should be able to fix the phone in about 5 minutes if you were smart enough to make a backup before hand...
#22Psykic PetrolPosted 10/19/2013 10:21:59 AM
Not to knock on people, but I genuinely don't understand why people who use browser adblocks or something like noscript on their computers don't use adblocks on their phone. Obviously the chance of some dodgy ad screwing up yuor efs folder or something is actually quite low, but at the very least it makes a noticeable positive difference to your mobile data usage.
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0
#23ShuraYukihime(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 4:57:57 PM
Psykic Petrol posted...
Not to knock on people, but I genuinely don't understand why people who use browser adblocks or something like noscript on their computers don't use adblocks on their phone. Obviously the chance of some dodgy ad screwing up yuor efs folder or something is actually quite low, but at the very least it makes a noticeable positive difference to your mobile data usage.

Until recently I didn't know it was an option. I'm one of those people that didn't even have a smart phone until the beginning of the year.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#24d209999Posted 10/19/2013 5:00:42 PM
Welcome To The Jungle
---
*under construction*
#25ShuraYukihime(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 5:09:54 PM
When the contract is up I'll be going back to a "dumb phone" as well. While I enjoy many things about the GS3 I do not want to become one of those people with their face buried in their phone at all moments of the day.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.