This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would someone please tell me the freaking system requirements for...

#11arleasPosted 10/17/2013 10:09:37 PM
I thought making a topic would be the easiest solution.

Yes, in general it IS much easier to get others to do your work for you.

Truthfully though, if it's hard to find the actual minimum specs for a given emulator, maybe that's because it's just as hard to find someone still using a computer that would fail the minimum specs for said emulator.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#12RhapsoKnightPosted 10/17/2013 10:20:40 PM(edited)
Any computer made in the past 10 years should be able to run all emulators minus Dolphin, PCSX2, Higan and maybe the Saturn/Dreamcast emulators. Edit: Oh and the DS/PSP ones, forgot those.
#13JKatarnPosted 10/17/2013 10:22:32 PM
I would say any dual-core CPU at around 3.0 Ghz+ will run all those emulators just fine.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#14Lonestar2000Posted 10/17/2013 11:00:13 PM
The only emulators where you have to worry about system requirements are PCSX2 and Dolphin.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#15MangorushXIIIPosted 10/17/2013 11:02:07 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
LukeSkyvvalker posted...
I actually did look the stuff up on Google y'know. The internet was just being an unhelpful b****.
(After looking again - yes, nestopia was there - but the others still weren't)

TimePharaoh posted...
System requirements are for peasants.
Screw you too.
I'm just looking for all the numbers. (is that so wrong?) I know this stuff is old, and everyone on here is way more technically sophisticated than me - but that's no reason to be an ass. I thought making a topic would be the easiest solution.

You thought making a topic on a forum and waiting for a response would be easier than googling "system requirements for X because I have a terrible computer"?

Flawless logic brohan.

And yes, it is wrong. Only peasants need look at requirements. We aren't peasants.

No, but you're an insecure cheapskate, that's a fact, brah.
#16TimePharaohPosted 10/17/2013 11:13:02 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
LukeSkyvvalker posted...
I actually did look the stuff up on Google y'know. The internet was just being an unhelpful b****.
(After looking again - yes, nestopia was there - but the others still weren't)

TimePharaoh posted...
System requirements are for peasants.
Screw you too.
I'm just looking for all the numbers. (is that so wrong?) I know this stuff is old, and everyone on here is way more technically sophisticated than me - but that's no reason to be an ass. I thought making a topic would be the easiest solution.

You thought making a topic on a forum and waiting for a response would be easier than googling "system requirements for X because I have a terrible computer"?

Flawless logic brohan.

And yes, it is wrong. Only peasants need look at requirements. We aren't peasants.

No, but you're an insecure cheapskate, that's a fact, brah.

Yes, the cheapskate is the one who has no need to look up silly things like system requirements

10/10 would quote again
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#17overkillwfo1978Posted 10/17/2013 11:22:49 PM
Hell, I'm pretty sure almost any computer/laptop made within the last 5 years will emulate N64 and older pretty much perfectly.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#18Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 10/18/2013 6:00:26 AM
Even my old Pentium II 400mhz with 64mb ram could run ZSnes and Nestopia.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
You can tell a lot about a person based on how they treat the weaker members of society.