This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anybody here played StarMade?

#1LordOfLegaciesPosted 10/17/2013 10:27:30 PM
It doesn't look like GFAQs has a board for this game. If it does it would be much appreciated if you would kindly direct me there.

For anyone who has not heard of it, the official site is www.star-made.org

It's basically Minecraft in space. You can build your own ships, stations, and bases from scratch, there's good AI, planets and space junk to explore, shops, etc.
It reminds me a lot of the X series, except much more blocky. There's shops where you can buy more parts, floating masses, planets, abandoned space stations etc to salvage minerals or parts to sell and make more money.
There's also pirate raids with some AI that's pretty scary good when you first start so you learn fast, I'm having a ton of fun with it.
It also has multiplayer servers and a lot of other features I have not tried yet.

The reason for this topic is because I have questions I'm hoping others can answer, or if the game is relatively unknown here, to spread awareness.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#2Bazooka_PenguinPosted 10/17/2013 10:29:31 PM
So is there an physiological survival element? Like do you need air and stuff to stay alive in space?
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#3LordOfLegacies(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 10:33:33 PM
I guess you can only survive for so long when you're outside of the space ship but I haven't had a problem with it inside or out. The game is in alpha though so it's a good possibility it'll be added later.
---
#4LordOfLegacies(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 2:50:30 AM
Just a bump
---