This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What're your favorite scary games?

#21GothmogzPosted 10/22/2013 1:27:39 AM
Boge which one is more scary, ff1?

Also, I'd recommend going indie territory for scary stuff, paranormal is advancing pretty well and the latest version surely could scare me a little bit, nothing scares me on videogames, slender the arrival was good because your gameplay is to not face him so everytime you are on your toes, and there is a promising monster vs survivors pvp based but is still on beta. I didnt scary with any of the games mentioned here but havent tried ff1.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#22mess98Posted 10/22/2013 1:33:24 AM
The original FEAR game.

The rest of the series is garbage.
---
Windows 8.1.Core i7 4770.Geforce GTX 660 Ti.8GB Ram.
#23lovbbwsPosted 10/22/2013 1:29:41 PM
i liked the condemned games and calling on the wii
#24dekouPosted 10/22/2013 1:51:42 PM
I liked Condemned: Criminal Origins much more than FEAR. Its level design is more varied and the focus on close quarters combat makes it more intense than FEAR. Also, unlike in FEAR, the scares can actually kill you in Condemned.

As for my favorite scary games, I guess Silent Hill 2. It's more creepy than scary, but I really enjoyed its story and atmosphere.
#25sknmakPosted 10/22/2013 1:58:46 PM
Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3

Resident Evil REmake was pretty damn creepy when the setting is right. [playing at home in the dark, being the only person in the house]. The game still looks amazing by today standards. One of my favorites in the RE series.

Condemned: Criminal Origins [1]. Loved that game. Graphically I thought it was amazing when it first released. It also had a really good storyline. My gf and I had a lot of fun playing it. It definitely has a lot of jump moments. Condemned 2 was pretty bad overall when compared to the first. It takes it's own path and is short. The game is ok, but compared to the first I didn't like it that much. Worth playing if you ask me.

Penumbra series as well.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

F.E.A.R

Siren was pretty good.

Amnesia is -pretty good. There are mods for it as well.

There are more, but these are all I can think of right now.
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#26akuma634Posted 10/22/2013 3:57:24 PM
Silent Hill 1 is my favorite, it's the only game of the series that I played to the end. I know part 2 did evolve the story to a much deeper psychological level and it did improve a lot of things but SH1 had the strongest narrative to me. While 2 had a better story, part 1 kept me going because I really want to find Harry's daughter. It felt like reading a great horror novel and you just can't stop reading because you have to know what happens next. Plus the first game had some of the toughest monsters in the series, they were much more aggressive and threatening then the SH2 monsters were. Part 3 also went back to that, very strong and aggressive monsters that will f*** you up so you're in constant need of healing items and ammo to survive.

System Shock 2 is a game I never was any good at but I respect it. The game is brutally hard and you can screw yourself over in the leveling system if you don't know what you're doing. That really is a relic of 1999. I didn't know the game existed until Spoony did a video about the System Shock games. SS2 is raw terror from start to finish and it has one of the most terrifying plots of a horror game. I never got into Bioshock but SS2 is much more the game for me.

Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth - it was meant to be a series of games based on H.P. Lovecraft stories but it didn't make enough money for Bethesda to green light any sequels, but that didn't stop them from recreating this story, The Shadows Over Innsmouth in a very creepy side quest in Oblivion. This game wasn't only published by Bethesda and despite it being made for the original Xbox as the lead platform, it holds up pretty well. The stealth is very basic, just stay out of sight and you should be fine, and that's the way I like it. I hate stealth games so much. The game is mainly exploration, some sneaking around this very unfriendly town, gathering all the ammo you can find for later when you get a gun, and trying not to lose your mind over all the disturbing things you'll see (you really can get a game over from going insane.) You know it's dark when your inventory starts with some cloth for bandages (IIRC) and a small jar or morphine to dull your pain. No magic first aid kits that heal all wounds in this game.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#27SienrurouniPosted 10/22/2013 4:16:16 PM
The first Condemned, Call of Cthulhu, and the Suffering. The Clock Tower series seems good but I haven't played much of it.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#28MarzguerillaPosted 10/22/2013 4:37:34 PM
Luigi's Mansion
---
MOoooOOoooOOoooOOOooOOO
#29Bikes-Posted 10/22/2013 4:57:21 PM
Fear wasn't scary imo, any fear is destroy by the fact that the main attempts to scare you are from someone that never once tries to kill you. The series also went downhill massively after 1, I despise 2 with a passion and 3 was ok as a co-op romp but utterly failed as a horror game. 3's plot was also utter garbage and full of plot holes (although 2's plot was pretty bad as well, 1 was the only game that had a reasonable plot) but again survived has a fun co-op game.

Dead space has a few good moments (I remember liking stross,and 2 had a few effective jump scares) But the marker was always a element I didn't care for and Unitology is just....stupid. Decent game, but 3 was a joke of a horror game (Like fear 3 though it was a pretty good co-op game though)

That being said the only game to scare me recently was Corpse party for the psp. The flashback at the end of chapter 4 or 5 (forget which) is quite likely the darkest thing I've ever sat through in a video game, and it's done entirely through text and Japanese voice acting =|
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#30jaws5007Posted 10/23/2013 6:41:26 PM
The scariest horror game I've ever played would be Michael Jackson: The Experience
---
Death isn't the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss in life is what dies inside us while we live.