This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

blizzard all-stars now renamed heroes of the storm

#1Ivany2008Posted 10/17/2013 11:51:50 PM
seriously doubt i'll be picking it up, with league of legends already out there, I cannot for the life of me see how its going to be successful.

that being said, if it has a mode similar to footmen frenzy, than my interest might be sparked once again.
#2TimePharaohPosted 10/17/2013 11:53:09 PM
Man Footman Frenzy was awesome

And Sheep vs. Wolf or whatever it was called
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#3SlaynPosted 10/17/2013 11:54:27 PM
You can't see how a Blizzard game will be successful?
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#4JavelinPosted 10/18/2013 1:22:00 AM
Blizzard sure has the HotS for a certain acronym.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#5Ivany2008(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 9:42:11 AM
Not when its competing against something that is completely free and has a huge cult following. Even if they brought it out as free, it will be competing against 2-3 other games that have already been proven to be successful in the long term.

They would as I said before have to do something completely out of left field and have options for gamers. I would love for it to be a game similar to Warcraft 3, only using all 3 franchises instead of a Starcraft or Warcraft that only uses one.

Throw zero storyline into the game, just make it one big multiplayer free for all or team battles, and give us the option to create user based content and it might actually sell more copies than GTA5 did in its opening weekend
#6AllHailTheDead6Posted 10/18/2013 9:48:47 AM
nice links

and really you couldnt tell its a joke from the carbot animations?
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#7jake-sfPosted 10/18/2013 9:56:34 AM
Ivany2008 posted...
Not when its competing against something that is completely free and has a huge cult following. Even if they brought it out as free, it will be competing against 2-3 other games that have already been proven to be successful in the long term.

They would as I said before have to do something completely out of left field and have options for gamers. I would love for it to be a game similar to Warcraft 3, only using all 3 franchises instead of a Starcraft or Warcraft that only uses one.

Throw zero storyline into the game, just make it one big multiplayer free for all or team battles, and give us the option to create user based content and it might actually sell more copies than GTA5 did in its opening weekend

Why does everything want to be like LoL or DOTA, anyway? Its incredibly annoying, besides the fact I don't like the genre, they could do so much more than just a 5v5 arena-type games and have a lot of variety, options and a proper F2P model if thats the kind of thing they need to attract casuals in mass...

Surely people are getting sick of this. I agree that LoL is not going to be replaced, and it shouldn't be, and everybody and their mothers should stop making games on that style and just make something that will create its own, unique scene.

This is especially true from someone like Blizzard that can create bloody ANYTHING and get their massive amount of fanboys to check it out and advertise it for them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#8StopthinkPosted 10/18/2013 9:56:56 AM
Well it could have legitimate gameplay improvements over its competition. Oh who am I kidding, it's Blizzard.
#9AsucaHayashiPosted 10/18/2013 9:58:05 AM
1: it's f2p
2: it'll use heroes from all 3 of blizzard's franchises(WC, SC and diablo).

goddamn i'll try in a heartbeat if i get to play as heroes such as mephisto or andy.

what i'm really wondering if the heroes from WC will be exactly like in dota or if they'll come up with their own versions of it.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#10skychanPosted 10/18/2013 3:39:06 PM
i want battletanks and battleships lol
---
"I will thanks BlackEmac64 4ever" -skychan