This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need for Speed Rivals looks better on PS4 than PC - Link Inside

#1Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/18/2013 7:10:37 AM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/18/4851148/need-for-speed-rivals-hands-on-alldrive-pc-ps4

Played on the PlayStation 4, Need for Speed Rivals is a more visually impressive, though currently slightly more buggy, version of Electronic Arts' upcoming racer than the Windows PC version.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#2triple sPosted 10/18/2013 7:12:25 AM
The PC version is probably based off the current gen versions much like Fifa and NBA2K14.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#3AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/18/2013 3:22:14 PM(edited)
And it's locked @ 30fps on PC.

F*** Criterion. This is the exact reason why I don't pay more than $5 or $10 for NFS games now.

And here's another article from an equally horrible site - http://kotaku.com/need-for-speed-rivals-looks-amazing-whether-you-play-it-1447871333
#4-CJF-Posted 10/18/2013 3:27:58 PM
The only way this is possible is if the PC port were intentionally neglected with more development effort being put into the PS4 version, which is very likely.
#5godplaysSNESPosted 10/18/2013 3:31:10 PM
Sounds like it needs Mantle!

It's probably the PC version getting shafted, but even though the PS4 has less horsepower, it can still get advantages in cases due to having all features supported by the GPU exposed
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#6BuburibonPosted 10/18/2013 3:41:32 PM
"Later, we switched to the PS4 version and were surprised to find a game that looked even more impressive than its PC counterpart, with better texture detail, improved lighting on cars and sharper graphics overall.

Is it safe to assume they're intentionally not including the high resolution textures, and other details in the PC version? If it is confirmed that NFSR on PC, while completely maxed, is indeed inferior to the PS4 version, I will have no choice but to skip it. There's absolutely no excuse for the PC version not to look at least as good as the PS4's, as there's no excuse for a 30fps cap at all. It almost seems as though they've never heard of scaling graphics settings that go from very low, to ultra.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#7Jason_HudsonPosted 10/18/2013 3:42:42 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
And it's locked @ 30fps on PC.

I have to say, I'm glad I'm getting it in a PS4 bundle. Was going to buy it on the PC originally, but wanted extra games for the PS4.

I cannot fathom why on Earth developers insist on putting 30fps caps on things. People game on the PC because they want supreme performance, not to have rubbish shoved in their face.
---
Thank you for saving gaming and for giving us Steam, Gabe Newell
#8-CJF-Posted 10/18/2013 3:47:40 PM
Does it really matter? If there is enough interest, I'm sure modders will uncap the game and enhance the graphics just like they did with Dark Souls. It's just a shame that consumers have to do that sort of work rather than the company that is making profits from the sales.
#9OreoBoy206Posted 10/18/2013 3:56:00 PM(edited)
"I played Need for Speed Rivals on both PC and PS4 and the two versions of EAs upcoming racing game were virtually indistinguishable."

http://kotaku.com/need-for-speed-rivals-looks-amazing-whether-you-play-it-1447871333
Source^^^

"Need for Speed Rivals will look easily as good on PC as next-generation consoles." - Executive Producer: Marcus Nilsson

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/23/need-for-speed-rivals-coming-to-pc-looks-easily-as-good-as-next-gen/
Source^^^

Either someone is lying in one of these articles or the graphics settings were turned down by someone else before the polygon employee got to play it..
#10BogePosted 10/18/2013 4:25:08 PM
triple s posted...
The PC version is probably based off the current gen versions much like Fifa and NBA2K14.

I'm sure that's the case, and will be the case with many games for the next 4-6 months.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.