This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Look what you Origin supporters did!!

#1BogePosted 10/18/2013 10:51:53 AM
Uplay, now this Blizzard Battle.net client. I told you so! I told you they'd all follow!!

Now how am I supposed to play games without these damn clients!?
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#2YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/18/2013 10:54:06 AM
Blizzard would have done this even if EA Download Manager never existed. Just be glad that they haven't started selling the CoD games through Battle.net.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#3ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/18/2013 10:55:45 AM
Ubisoft sucks, EA sucks, and Blizzard sucks.

There's no reason to use their clients, because you shouldn't be playing their games.
#4ShubPosted 10/18/2013 10:55:53 AM
Yeah, Blizzard has been doing its own thing for years now, so I'm not surprised.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#5Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 10:57:26 AM
You're missing the point! Now all of the publishers will follow!! Sega, Eidos, Square/Enix. It doesn't matter who it is, they'll all follow! Soon we'll be required to have like 20 game clients on our systems!!

I hate you all for doing this to me!!
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#6Orestes417Posted 10/18/2013 10:58:49 AM
Blizzard's been the exclusive online distributor of their games for as long as I can remember, and all their modern games have had their own updater client before login. This just consolidates them you whiny baby.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#7DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/18/2013 10:58:59 AM
To be fair uplay is fairly unintrusive with its steam games. It now launches directly into the game and now only serves as a uplay point service. Sure it's not needed but because it integrates with my main client of choice its not a big deal for me.

Blizzard's battle.net isn't something new. Blizzard really had the first 'origin'. They've never had their games on other clients.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#8YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/18/2013 10:59:07 AM
It'll be just like 2003 all over again. Whatever shall we do?

Also, Square is firmly on the steamworks bandwagon, so you don't have to worry about them. Same with Capcom, now that GFWL is on its way out.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#9AsucaHayashiPosted 10/18/2013 11:00:33 AM
sega, eidos, SE etc. aren't nowhere near as big enough to have their own clients.

also, if ubisoft had any faith in their piss-poor client, they wouldn't allow their games to appear on other services.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#10AsucaHayashiPosted 10/18/2013 11:14:38 AM(edited)
also, i still say there's a conspiracy to keep the profitability of PC gaming(non-f2p and ****) out of the limelight so the smart players who actually make an effort are raking in the uncut moolah.

nobody wants to reveal their revenue yet services and stores keep popping up left and right.

for once i would just like to see valve disclose their full earnings for any given year.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/