This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Look what you Origin supporters did!!

#61Orestes417Posted 10/18/2013 3:44:34 PM(edited)
Origin is a renaming of the old EADM, so adjust that date back to 2005. Kinda funny when you stop and think that it existed in some for not two years after Steam's initial release. Back when everyone was pissed at valve for requiring steam to play HL2

---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#62Jason_HudsonPosted 10/18/2013 3:39:28 PM
Personally, I'd rather have these clients if it means that the days of having to hunt around the internet to find the latest patch are long gone. Though Blizzard never used anyone else anyway, at this point I'd rather they just be grouped into one program.
---
Thank you for saving gaming and for giving us Steam, Gabe Newell
#63savagechild89Posted 10/18/2013 3:44:17 PM
god you people are cry babies. this is a good thing imo. the blizzard launcher is amazing to me simply because i play all of their major games. all i have to do now i open that and boom. im auto logged into everything.

also, like people are saying. this is a MASSIVE slippery slope. blizzard would have done this anyway. they just didnt have a reason to till now. they are getting ready to have 5 major games on the market so it only makes sense.

i dont see many (if ANY) other companies doing this.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#64shinigami0Posted 10/18/2013 3:54:40 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Ubisoft sucks, EA sucks, and Blizzard sucks.

There's no reason to use their clients, because you shouldn't be playing their games.

this...
---
"You heard it too, didn't you? The voice of the wind!" Demon Eyes Kyo
#65claytonbuckleyPosted 10/18/2013 4:08:06 PM
I hate having to log into every frakking Blizzard game everytime, so if their client makes it so i don't have to, i'll like it.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#66Nmilek1Posted 10/18/2013 4:13:39 PM
What exactly is the issue? It's not a mandatory storefront client, you can still download individual game clients from battlenet if you are so inclined to do so.
#67Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 4:15:55 PM
JKatarn posted...
Boge posted...
Digital Storm posted...
Some days I wonder why I still browse this board and then topics like this one come along.

Come on, man! Go with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7puTIA3PqHI&feature=youtu.be

That's funny! Yes, it's blown out of proportion, and yes, clowning is right. It's inevitable. It would have happened anyway, and Valve is probably the one to blame.

But dammit! I'm in a bad mood, so I'm going to make some drama!

But why? You have to log into battle.net to play Blizzard games anyway, this just centralizes the update/login process (who knows, they may have more/better download servers now) making it somewhat more convenient. You can still access your games, so I really don't see what there is to be angry about, unless you have an irrational hatred of all clients.

It's about me having more applications running than necessary. Sure with Diablo 3 I had to log into their servers, but I didn't have to log into their client and then run my games from there. I know it's not THAT big a deal and my computer can handle it, but it shouldn't have to handle it. It's unnecessary.

Really this whole thing is just a small trigger of troubles I notice in life every day. This is a straw that broke my back today and I needed to vent.

I'm done venting for now.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#68GeorgemenPosted 10/18/2013 4:25:08 PM
You think that giving complete monopoly to Steam would be a good idea? Think again.
#69ShubPosted 10/18/2013 4:26:46 PM
Georgemen posted...
You think that giving complete monopoly to Steam would be a good idea? Think again.

Bah. For a long time they were pretty much the only player, and that didn't turn out so bad, did it?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#70KidInTheHallPosted 10/18/2013 4:28:28 PM
Shub posted...
Georgemen posted...

Bah. For a long time they were pretty much the only player, and that didn't turn out so bad, did it?

Nope, it was considered by millions to be the golden age of man.....and then Origin came.....
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750