This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to upgrade windows 8 enterprise to 8.1?

#1Propain22Posted 10/18/2013 11:18:10 AM(edited)
Having a lot of trouble figuring this out. I have window 8 enterprise currently installed in my machine from the software given by my college that I had to pay a ridiculous software service fee for every semester. I feel like I should be able to install a free update but I can't find out how.
---
Alienware X51 |3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3770 (8M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5 | 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
#2ShubPosted 10/18/2013 11:16:17 AM
Basically the update for the Enterprise edition is not available through public channels. It was made available to your IT department provided they have a valid software subscription, and then it is their call to make it available to you.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3este914Posted 10/18/2013 11:18:41 AM
Propain22 posted...
Having a lot of trouble figuring this out. I have window 8 enterprise currently installed in my machine from the software given by my college that I had to pay a ridiculous software service fee for every semester. I feel like I should be able to install a free update but I can't find out how.

did you look in the "Windows Store" on your PC?
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!