This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any PC games to recemend?

#21Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 8:59:15 PM
wdfoster posted...
blakegalloway posted...
JKatarn posted...
Uggh....I'm sorry, for one thing it's "recommend" (if you can't take two seconds to spellcheck your one paragraph post, expect to be called on it), for another, you haven't provided your system specs or preferred genre(s) so it would be very hard for anyone here to recommend a game(s) to you.

Looks like you're the only one having trouble giving a recemendation.

The only reason i opened this topic is to see how many people blasted him for his spelling. I must say that i was surprised to see only one. Though i must agree, even for ESL people, spell checking is super easy, and there is no reson to not use it if your vocabulary isn't the greatest.

The biggest problem was the fact that I was indeed on a mobile device that has autocorrect. The worse thing invented known to man kind.
---
PS Plus is one of the best video game rental service.
#22SpazH3dPosted 10/18/2013 9:02:44 PM
"recemend" is not a valid word.
---
- My vision is augmented
#23CelebratoxPosted 10/18/2013 9:42:14 PM(edited)
I will recommend Cave Story. Metroidvania style exploration with Megaman style jump 'n shoot gameplay. It was developed over 5 years by a single Japanese dude and it's really good. Super addicting and super free.

Spelunky is also free. A rather difficult platformer/dungeon crawler. But the good kind of difficult like Megaman or Super Ghouls and Ghosts where you have plenty of control and skillful play is satisfying.

Cave Story - http://www.cavestory.org/downloads_game.php
Spelunky - http://www.spelunkyworld.com/original.html

Neither of them are flash. Native Windows coded.

---
ASUS Sabertooth P67] i7 2600k w/Antec Kuhler] Vengence 8GB 1866] EVGA GTX 580] Corsair CMPSU-850HX]
#24AsucaHayashiPosted 10/18/2013 9:48:44 PM
this is a pretty sad topic.

>wants people to recommend fun games on PC
>doesn't want to support PC gaming in any shape or form but has no problems shelling out for hardware with practically no games as well as incredibly overpriced memory
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#25CelebratoxPosted 10/18/2013 9:51:07 PM
Someone mentioned Typing of the Dead......that one takes priority. If you can find that free/cheap play that right now. Works on Windows 7 with a recent GPU too.

I'd love to see a modern game do something like this again. It was so out of left field when Sega turned a campy horror rail shooter into......a typing practice game. It was another shock when they actually decided to release the thing outside of Japan. It's one of the few old video games I cans still play non-ironically and non-nostalgically, on a genuine level, because it's a great way to see how far I've come with my typing. I still can't finish the damn game thirteen years later! It's really hard even for experienced typists.

Now that I look back it was probably made to help sell the Dreamcast's keyboard peripheral (with a Windows port to fatten up sales of the game itself).
---
ASUS Sabertooth P67] i7 2600k w/Antec Kuhler] Vengence 8GB 1866] EVGA GTX 580] Corsair CMPSU-850HX]
#26MangorushXIIIPosted 10/18/2013 9:54:20 PM
911: First Responders (aka Emergency 4 if you live in Europe)
Emergency 2013

Decent series but I think you will have a hard time finding 911: First Responders so you're going to have to look really hard or find ways of getting it.
#27SlaynPosted 10/19/2013 12:07:44 AM
I recommend a dictionary app for your computer.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#28DownSouth113Posted 10/19/2013 5:40:30 AM
Realm of the mad god
Team fortress 2
Spiral knights (some hate and some love)
Planetside 2

^on steam, these are popular ones
---
i5 3570k,Sapphire dual x 7950, 8gb DDR3,ASRock Z77 Pro 4,Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper, 675 Thermaltake,Windows 8
Steam- Perfectvillain
#29DownSouth113Posted 10/19/2013 5:42:35 AM
Ignore tf2 and planetside just noticed you said no shooters
---
i5 3570k,Sapphire dual x 7950, 8gb DDR3,ASRock Z77 Pro 4,Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper, 675 Thermaltake,Windows 8
Steam- Perfectvillain
#30JKatarnPosted 10/19/2013 11:48:09 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
wdfoster posted...
blakegalloway posted...
JKatarn posted...
Uggh....I'm sorry, for one thing it's "recommend" (if you can't take two seconds to spellcheck your one paragraph post, expect to be called on it), for another, you haven't provided your system specs or preferred genre(s) so it would be very hard for anyone here to recommend a game(s) to you.

Looks like you're the only one having trouble giving a recemendation.

The only reason i opened this topic is to see how many people blasted him for his spelling. I must say that i was surprised to see only one. Though i must agree, even for ESL people, spell checking is super easy, and there is no reson to not use it if your vocabulary isn't the greatest.

The biggest problem was the fact that I was indeed on a mobile device that has autocorrect. The worse thing invented known to man kind.

Were that the issue, it would have substituted the correct spelling of "recommend".
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES