This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here enjoyed Skyrim or Fallout 3/NV on the console more than the PC?

#41JartenPosted 10/18/2013 6:28:17 PM
Well for me I tried playing some of a friend's copy of Fallout 3 on the ps3 and I just couldn't get used to the controls. I did however have Oblivion on the ps3 and that one I actually enjoyed. It's has nothing on the PC version of course but I enjoyed using a controller for parts. As for Skyrim and New Vegas its PC all the way for me. I like being able to use mods to make the games more immersive.
#42viserdesPosted 10/18/2013 6:40:23 PM
Not me. I've played NV in PC and 360, the PC version is much better imo.

BlackWizardMagus posted...
Unless your PC is really bad.
#43KidIcarootsPosted 10/18/2013 6:52:46 PM
nope
#44NolaxPosted 10/18/2013 7:25:04 PM
Less FPS, sub-par graphics, hardly no content (weapons etc) and huge loading times.

Console versions are utter garbage.
#45jfloydLunarPosted 10/18/2013 7:32:46 PM
I've only played Fallout 3 on Xbox 360 and for the time being Fallout New Vegas on PS3 (huge mistake).

I didn't have a good computer at the time and now I got the Steam version of New Vegas, waiting for Fallout 3 to go on sale.

Downloaded some mods for NV.
---
Currently playing Tales of Vesperia and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
#46NingishzidaPosted 10/18/2013 7:42:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#47BogePosted 10/18/2013 7:45:26 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
^

"Having a choice is too hard on my little head. I would rather have the choice be made for me, like a slave."

In the TV show Brain Games they talk about having fewer choices actually makes you happier. This Skyrim modding thing is probably a great example of that.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#48AsucaHayashiPosted 10/18/2013 7:49:56 PM
as happy as a pleb can really be..
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#49NingishzidaPosted 10/19/2013 6:02:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#50NingishzidaPosted 10/19/2013 6:09:20 PM
Boge posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
^

"Having a choice is too hard on my little head. I would rather have the choice be made for me, like a slave."

In the TV show Brain Games they talk about having fewer choices actually makes you happier. This Skyrim modding thing is probably a great example of that.

well, they also say ignorance is bliss. but i don't envy the ignorant their luck.

way i see it, yeah, having a narrow horizon means peace of mind, a 30 year old man isn't normally at peace because his horizon is so broad, it takes in the apprehension of the whole world, and of the ages (space/time). then there's contemplation of existence itself, shudder.

it's human nature, i guess. old ladies hang still life paintings of "fruit" on their kitchen walls - the apprehension of such a limited thing in a restricted environment gives them peace.

some of the most peaceful songs and visual art are of the simplest, most uneventful subject matter

peasants are happier tilling fields, yet no one wants to be a peasant. everyone with half a brain wants to be master race, which is much harder as it requires infinitely more willpower, intelligence and masculinity than mere console gaming. IOW, it's hard being an awesome person, not everyone's cut out for it. i weep for those who cannot be, im shedding a tear right now for those who are happy because they suck.