This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Hack n' Slash dedicated fully for combat or Xenoblade-like games on PC?

#1GoshoraiPosted 10/18/2013 3:08:58 PM
I'll appreciate if anyone has recommendations that have said styles of gameplay (On separate games of course)

Just in case it isn't clear, I mean games like Devil May Cry but fully dedicated to the combat, with no platforming or little to no-exploration, just cutting enemies endlessly.

Also a Xenoblade video for those who don't know how's the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=un3sEk2H20Y

If they're like FFXII then that works too.
---
"Burn"
Steam ID: Goshorai. / XBL:ShoraiZenta.
#2Goshorai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 10:50:20 PM
Bump.

And feel free to post console-exclusives if you want.
---
"Burn"
Steam ID: Goshorai. / XBL:ShoraiZenta.
#3MangorushXIIIPosted 10/18/2013 10:53:13 PM
For Xenoblade like games check out Drakensang and Drakensang: The River of Time
#4Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/19/2013 12:33:56 AM
Goshorai posted...
Just in case it isn't clear, I mean games like Devil May Cry but fully dedicated to the combat, with no platforming or little to no-exploration, just cutting enemies endlessly.

You just described every Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi/Musou game ever. Chaos Legion is also up that alley and is available on PC.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#5AsucaHayashiPosted 10/19/2013 12:59:21 AM
i'm confused.

you mention "fully dedicated to combat" like DMC with little deviation but use xenoblade and FF12 as examples where big parts of the game in those are spent interacting with characters and progressing the story(as is typical of jrpgs).

isometric hack n slash comes to mind where the full focus is on combat(and loot).

D3, torchlight 1 and 2, path of exile, marvel heroes etc. etc.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#6Hi CPosted 10/19/2013 5:30:12 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
i'm confused.

you mention "fully dedicated to combat" like DMC with little deviation but use xenoblade and FF12 as examples where big parts of the game in those are spent interacting with characters and progressing the story(as is typical of jrpgs).

isometric hack n slash comes to mind where the full focus is on combat(and loot).

Console gamers do not know what they are talking about most of the time. They just parrot things they hear from other places. Ignore them.
---
You'll be my John G.
#7k debonairPosted 10/19/2013 5:48:11 AM
try out Dungeon Siege 1+2.

they're some of my favorites.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#8MangorushXIIIPosted 10/19/2013 6:14:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9bigbadharryPosted 10/19/2013 6:21:17 AM
War of the roses
#10Hi CPosted 10/19/2013 2:58:01 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
Hi C posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
i'm confused.

Narrow minded PC gamers do not know what they are talking about most of the time. They just parrot things they hear from other places. Ignore them.

Fix'd that for ya.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/bioshockinfinite/gfx/word/186700562.jpg
---
You'll be my John G.