This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GFWL games being made into steamworks.

#41ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/19/2013 12:02:02 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Says the guy who made a topic to do nothing but ***** and moan about a game and couldn't even have the decency to have it on the games own board.

Yes, but at least I'm not a Sony Drony.
#42JKatarnPosted 10/19/2013 7:01:16 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Why do PC gamers whine so much?

Why do people continually confuse a very vocal minority on these/other boards with PC gamers in general?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#43FenriswolfPosted 10/19/2013 10:06:07 PM
Sony fanboys are bad, but I've never heard of any console fanboys flat out refusing to buy a game just because it's not offered in a specific shop or online service, like the "No Steam no buy" people. Steam is becoming a monopoly by coercing third parties to use their DRM exclusively, offering minimal benefits other than tying all your CD keys onto one account.
---
Hello
#44temgunPosted 10/19/2013 11:46:48 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Sony fanboys are bad, but I've never heard of any console fanboys flat out refusing to buy a game just because it's not offered in a specific shop or online service, like the "No Steam no buy" people. Steam is becoming a monopoly by coercing third parties to use their DRM exclusively, offering minimal benefits other than tying all your CD keys onto one account.

It's not monopoly when other stores sell keys. Right now here are a few places selling Arkham Origins keys cheaper than Steam. Like right now you can get it 25% ofr on GMG. Is that not competition? It's like buying a copy of a console game from Amazon rather than some other store. Wherver you buy, you have to use a console to play it. I don't see it being that vastly different from Steam.
#45TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 10/20/2013 12:19:18 AM
Fenriswolf posted...

PC:
A lot of games are on PC. There are three main clients: Steam, Uplay, and Origin. It's annoying having three clients, but people will still do it if there are games they really want. These three clients sell games, and there are many sites that sell games for those three clients at cheaper prices. Also, some people pirate games, which means that none of these companies get money.

Console:
A lot of games are on consoles. There are three main console companies: Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. It's annoying (and expensive) having three consoles, but people will still do it if there are games they really want. The three console companies make and sell games, and there are many other developers and retailers that make and sell games, respectively. Some of the money from these other companies go to the console companies, as well. Also, some people buy or barter used games, which means that people and companies not affiliated with any of the developers, retailers, or console companies get money.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/