This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a more mechanically technical (gameplay wise) RPG

#1PezofpowerPosted 10/19/2013 12:08:09 AM
I want something on the more complex side of the spectrum. Like Kotor, Dragon Age or Mass Effect. Doesn't have to be Bioware I just want something that's difficult and requires proper character building to be successful.
#2jakisthePosted 10/19/2013 12:12:43 AM
Neverwinter Nights series
Planescape Torment

Not really....difficult, but complex enough.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#3PanopictonguyPosted 10/19/2013 12:26:16 AM
Xenoblade Chronicle. Every character has a unique style of play and you can mold the party anyway you want for some really unique play experinces.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#4ElfergosPosted 10/19/2013 12:33:05 AM
The witcher 2, it mostly involves rolling and a couple of quick hits before rolling again but if you play it right there is a decent amount of diversity to your tactics
#5TimePharaohPosted 10/19/2013 12:33:53 AM
I like how every thing you mentioned, requires nothing you mentioned
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#6clowningPosted 10/19/2013 4:44:04 AM
Elfergos posted...
The witcher 2, it mostly involves rolling and a couple of quick hits before rolling again but if you play it right there is a decent amount of diversity to your tactics

Witcher 2= dodgeroll attack; dodgeroll attack....ad nauseum. You can sleep walk through it.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#7Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/19/2013 4:59:25 AM
*facepalm*

KotOR, Dragon Age and Mass Effect are complex now?

Have you ever played a SaGa game?
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#8GwendalPosted 10/19/2013 5:19:04 AM
How about Wizardry 8? I have to admit I haven't got around to playing it myself yet, but I see it recommended all the time, and sounds like the kind of thing you're looking for.

http://www.gog.com/game/wizardry_8#s_0
---
Currently playing:
Rayman Origins (PC), Pikmin 3 (Wii U)
#9Hi CPosted 10/19/2013 5:24:41 AM
D&D: Temple of Elemental Evil
---
You'll be my John G.
#10Pezofpower(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 10:53:24 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
*facepalm*

KotOR, Dragon Age and Mass Effect are complex now?

Have you ever played a SaGa game?

No they aren't complex. I figure if I don't ask for something relatable I won't get answers.

No I've never played a SaGa game, there seems to be a certain lack of appeal playing adventures by myself.