This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xcom: EU isn't a game. It's a gambling simulator.

#1ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/19/2013 8:45:27 AM
You can't subvert the RNG, because the game is too shallow. It's inferior to the original.
#2xanthan1Posted 10/19/2013 8:46:52 AM
"wagh wagh, I'm accept anything is different and need to ***** and moan endlessly about it, wagh wagh"

No one here cares. Yes, it is a lot more shallow then the original, no one is saying otherwise. No one wants to hear you mindless *****ing and moaning about it again. Shut up.
#3ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 8:49:50 AM
xanthan1 posted...
"wagh wagh, I'm accept anything is different and need to ***** and moan endlessly about it, wagh wagh"

It's not that it's different. It's that it is fundamentally flawed. Which you yourself admitted.
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 10/19/2013 8:50:17 AM
i just wish there were more to do.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#5MortalDangerPosted 10/19/2013 8:52:19 AM
I like it.
---
God Bless America.
#6SpazH3dPosted 10/19/2013 8:52:23 AM
Guess what! Nobody gives a crap.
---
- My vision is augmented
#7lionheart5656Posted 10/19/2013 8:56:09 AM(edited)
Only problem I had with (besides dumbing down air combat and getting rid of the ability to destroy walls or ceilings on purpose) is that harder difficulties just consisted of raising enemy stats and tanking yours which I thought was incredibly stupid.

Adding more aliens would have done the same job without coming off as cheap.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#8xanthan1Posted 10/19/2013 8:59:55 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
Only problem I had with (besides dumbing down air combat and getting rid of the ability to destroy walls or ceilings on purpose) is that harder difficulties just consisted of raising enemy stats and tanking yours which I thought was incredibly stupid.

Adding more aliens would have done the same job without coming off as cheap.

The new expansion is suppose to add more I think. I know some group of humans at some point invades Xcom HQ.
#9MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/19/2013 9:00:30 AM
Just because it is inferior to the original (Which you may or may not believe) and that it is fundamentally flawed (like most, if not all games) doesn't make it a bad game. It was tied for my GoTY 2012. I loved it and still regularly play it.
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P
#10ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 9:07:38 AM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Just because it is inferior to the original (Which you may or may not believe) and that it is fundamentally flawed (like most, if not all games) doesn't make it a bad game. It was tied for my GoTY 2012. I loved it and still regularly play it.

It's pretty bad. The mechanics are pretty flawed, and the game is buggy as hell. Ironman mode is just an exercise in frustration because of the issues.