This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Friends budget is $300.

#21TimePharaohPosted 10/20/2013 6:56:21 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Yeah I guess you could go with craigslist as long as you met in public, but it's kind of a pain. I'd rather just buy the card I want. I've never understood how people are swayed to buy a certain card because of the games it comes with.

lol at meeting someone on craigslist to trade a card with a code. Yea or just use Ebay and sell the codes for $30-$40 each, or trade it for something you do want

Or just be a derp and don't see how $90-$120 back off your purchase is worthwhile.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#22NicodimusPosted 10/20/2013 7:00:58 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Yeah I guess you could go with craigslist as long as you met in public, but it's kind of a pain. I'd rather just buy the card I want. I've never understood how people are swayed to buy a certain card because of the games it comes with.

lol at meeting someone on craigslist to trade a card with a code. Yea or just use Ebay and sell the codes for $30-$40 each, or trade it for something you do want

Or just be a derp and don't see how $90-$120 back off your purchase is worthwhile.

It doesn't matter if I get a little money back if I bought a card that wasn't my first choice. Sorry, but I want _exactly_ the hardware I want.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#23TimePharaohPosted 10/20/2013 7:05:19 PM
Nicodimus posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Nicodimus posted...

It doesn't matter if I get a little money back if I bought a card that wasn't my first choice. Sorry, but I want _exactly_ the hardware I want.

So you purposely want inferior hardware? I mean, looking at your sig you don't have top tier hardware, so apparently your first choice was to get lesser quality parts.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#24DerPancakePosted 10/20/2013 7:10:10 PM
Nicodimus posted...
I'd rather just buy the card I want. I've never understood how people are swayed to buy a certain card because of the games it comes with.

Except he is buying the GTX 770, which if he waited till the 28, he could get the card and 3 free games.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#25NicodimusPosted 10/20/2013 7:23:50 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Nicodimus posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Nicodimus posted...

So you purposely want inferior hardware? I mean, looking at your sig you don't have top tier hardware, so apparently your first choice was to get lesser quality parts.

Well, I'm on worker's compensation with a ruined spine and 24/7 chronic pain, so it's pretty much the best hardware I can get on my limited income. And my point stands...if I want a specific part, it doesn't matter what fluff they bundle with it or not, or with alternative parts or not. I want that part.
---
#26NicodimusPosted 10/20/2013 7:24:31 PM
DerPancake posted...
Nicodimus posted...
I'd rather just buy the card I want. I've never understood how people are swayed to buy a certain card because of the games it comes with.

Except he is buying the GTX 770, which if he waited till the 28, he could get the card and 3 free games.

That's fine, I was just speaking generally.
---