This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Graphic Card could be a good choice for the new games cooming soon?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Graphic Card could be a good choice for the new games cooming soon?
3 years ago#1
I have a HD 5770 1 GB XFX, so I need an upgrade. (I also have a i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghtz by the way)

So which graphic card do you advice me to get, that is somehow able to go up for a while with the newer games.

I donīt want to be cheap (I want something worthy of the upgrade), but I am not rich so I do need some card that pack a punch for the money.

Thanks in advance
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
3 years ago#2
sin_shenron posted...
I have a HD 5770 1 GB XFX, so I need an upgrade. (I also have a i5 650 @ 3.20 Ghtz by the way)

So which graphic card do you advice me to get, that is somehow able to go up for a while with the newer games.

I donīt want to be cheap (I want something worthy of the upgrade), but I am not rich so I do need some card that pack a punch for the money.

Thanks in advance

As a general rule, post your budget when asking a question like this.
| i7-3930K | MSI Big Bang-XPower II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | Thermaltake TP Grand 1200W | Seagate 240GB SSD | WD Black 4TB | Fractal Define XLR2 |
3 years ago#3
It doesnīt matter actually

I live in Mexico and whatever you can get there in the USA with $250, I can get it here for around $700 + USD if I am lucky.

So please I just need some good model of graphic card
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
3 years ago#4
Hmmm, the i5 650 is a dual core CPU that has not dated as well as the quad cores from that same period (i5 750 etc). Therefore, it may become a bottleneck for the current high end videocards.

In your situation, I would probably go for something like the 7950 or GTX 760, which are both in the same price-range. The 3GB 7970 is the better deal, but would be overkill unless you plan on upgrading the CPU. In fact , the 760 and 7950 is already pushing it. Since the 5770, higher performance cards have gotten a lot less powerhungry, so the PSU you have ( I assume it is something like 500watt) should be enough to handle either of those cards.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Graphic Card could be a good choice for the new games cooming soon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived