This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

System Shock 2 is Overrated

#21Hanlo_is_backPosted 10/19/2013 9:30:08 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Ch3wy posted...
They didn't even have monkeys in Infinite so it's not really relevant.

Yes it did. You played it.

http://www.abiyamo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpg
---
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
#22RPGMattPosted 10/19/2013 9:46:08 PM(edited)
People who complain about the weapon durability just suck at managing resources. Even on hard, I had plenty of extra repair devices. And you know what? In the cases where I didn't, it made the game more exciting.

In conclusion, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkl3JPUp63g
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#23JKatarnPosted 10/20/2013 10:51:23 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
SpazH3d posted...
Sir, put your hands behind your head and get on your knees.

Hit him with your nightstick ya dumb pig!

*Peter turns to look at TV as cops raid house*

"Hey look Chris...some fat guy's on the news...man his wife's hot"
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#24akuma634Posted 10/21/2013 1:39:40 AM
System Shock 2 is easily the scariest game I've ever played and I'm bad at it but I respect the game. Bioshock never did anything for me, they dumbed down every single thing like scrap RPG leveling in favor of just making you awesome at everything from the start, and it wasn't 1/10th as scary or creepy. I didn't know SS2 existed until Spoony did a video talking about those games years ago. But Bioshock Infinite really impressed the hell out of me. Still, it's not the same without Shodan risking the extinction of a cyberpunk human race by her very existence. Andrew Ryan and Father Crumbum combined couldn't cause half the threat of an unshackled AI with a god complex, let alone two AI's with very different goals in mind.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#25EpicKingdom_Posted 10/21/2013 1:44:14 AM
Your moms overrated!
---
3570k (212 Evo) | Z77 Extreme 4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | XFX PRO650w CE | 1TB Black WD | Fractal Design Define R4 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623
#26TimePharaohPosted 10/21/2013 3:41:03 AM
akuma634 posted...
System Shock 2 is easily the scariest game I've ever played and I'm bad at it but I respect the game. Bioshock never did anything for me, they dumbed down every single thing like scrap RPG leveling in favor of just making you awesome at everything from the start, and it wasn't 1/10th as scary or creepy. I didn't know SS2 existed until Spoony did a video talking about those games years ago. But Bioshock Infinite really impressed the hell out of me. Still, it's not the same without Shodan risking the extinction of a cyberpunk human race by her very existence. Andrew Ryan and Father Crumbum combined couldn't cause half the threat of an unshackled AI with a god complex, let alone two AI's with very different goals in mind.

So you didn't like Bioshock because it was dumbed down and you were Godlike from the start, but you were impressed but Infinite which was even more dumbed down version of Bioshock?

wut
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#27SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/21/2013 8:54:48 AM
I've never played it, but there are PC games that people put on a pedestal that will never be exceeded in their eyes.

The ones that really stand out to me are X-Com and Diablo 2.

System Shock 2 seems like it may be one of those games.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#28KidIcarootsPosted 10/21/2013 9:01:10 AM
Haven't played it yet. Hope it's not.
#29ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/21/2013 9:07:23 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
I've never played it, but there are PC games that people put on a pedestal that will never be exceeded in their eyes.

The ones that really stand out to me are X-Com and Diablo 2.

Maybe it's because they haven't really been exceeded?

I don't understand why you people are so ridiculously gung ho about proclaiming each new flavor of the month as being better than old beloved games. You're always wrong. You always look silly. You always look like you've just started playing video games in the past couple of years.
#30SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/21/2013 9:08:38 AM
See what I mean?
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch