This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh god, Civ V

#11xanthan1Posted 10/19/2013 7:28:11 PM(edited)
Kosba_2142 posted...
I just think people who throw the word Fanboy around are scum with nothing better to do with their lives. You're automatically denying his opinion yourself by saying its because he's obsessed over a game or something. This topic was about Civ V, yes, and it sounded like TC enjoyed it, so he recommended Civ IV which was equally as good, if not better than Civ V, whats wrong with that? There was nothing more than a recommendation, you made it more than it actually was

Ok lets say your talking about a movie and how you enjoyed it.
Then someone name drops another movie, says NOTHING about it, and just acts its better despite doing nothing to indicate it is.
What does that sound like to you? Besides a guy who has no idea how to talk to people I mean.

Just going "blarg go play this because I said so" and nothing else is just annoying and screams of being a fanboy.

PS. Calling it a bad opinion points to you being a fanboy also, so you sound like the exact wrong person to be calling anyone out.
#12mess98Posted 10/19/2013 7:28:57 PM
Never played a Civ game before in my life and was blown away by Civ 5.

Only had the chance to play through 2 full games though.
---
Windows 8.Core i7 4770.Geforce GTX 660 Ti.8GB Ram.
#13NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/19/2013 7:53:37 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Kosba_2142 posted...
I just think people who throw the word Fanboy around are scum with nothing better to do with their lives. You're automatically denying his opinion yourself by saying its because he's obsessed over a game or something. This topic was about Civ V, yes, and it sounded like TC enjoyed it, so he recommended Civ IV which was equally as good, if not better than Civ V, whats wrong with that? There was nothing more than a recommendation, you made it more than it actually was

Ok lets say your talking about a movie and how you enjoyed it.
Then someone name drops another movie, says NOTHING about it, and just acts its better despite doing nothing to indicate it is.
What does that sound like to you? Besides a guy who has no idea how to talk to people I mean.

Just going "blarg go play this because I said so" and nothing else is just annoying and screams of being a fanboy.

PS. Calling it a bad opinion points to you being a fanboy also, so you sound like the exact wrong person to be calling anyone out.

Person X: "Hey Man I just saw Dark Knight Rises and it was so awesome"
Person Y: "Yeah, but you've got to see The Dark Knight it's SO much better"
Person X: "Yeah okay!"

Doesn't seem that unsocial to me. :/

You both act like bringing up another Civilization game in a topic about Civilization is the most unusual thing in the world. And while I personally haven't even played Civ IV, so I can't say whether it is actually better,0 by simple fact of saying that it is better than Civ V doesn't make you a fanboy at all.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#14TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 10/19/2013 7:57:49 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Person X (to Person Y): "Hey Man I just saw Dark Knight Rises and it was so awesome"
Person Y: "Yeah, it was pretty good!"
Person Z (jumps in conversation): "Wow, really? It sucks compared to The Dark Knight. Go see that if you want to know what a good movie is like."
Person X and Y: "Go away, fanboy"

Fixed.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#15lionheart5656Posted 10/19/2013 7:59:34 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Person X (to Person Y): "Hey Man I just saw Dark Knight Rises and it was so awesome"
Person Z (jumps in conversation): "Wow, really? It sucks compared to The Dark Knight. Go see that if you want to know what a good movie is like."

Fixed.

How can you "jump into a conversation" online in a thread directed towards the general public for commentary?
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#16xanthan1Posted 10/19/2013 8:23:13 PM(edited)
NotQuiteAFreak posted...

Person Y: "Go see The Dark Knight"
Everyone else in this conversation: "Why?"
Y: Insert bashing of Dark Knight Rises without actually saying ANYTHING about either movie at any point.

Fixed to be accurate to what actually happened here.
#17TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 10/19/2013 8:09:43 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...

Fixed.

How can you "jump into a conversation" online in a thread directed towards the general public for commentary?

It depends. The example conversation and this topic aren't the best examples.

However, if someone creates a topic asking for help with a game, and then someone posts about how that game sucks without saying why, then not only are they posting something off-topic (read: the message board equivalent of jumping into a conversation), but they're also being a dick.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#18TheSchrefPosted 10/19/2013 8:16:06 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
notSFF posted...
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/3900/

Consider yourself saved.

WHY WOULD YOU LINK ME TO ANOTHER 4X THAT WILL ONLY MAKE ITS HOLD ON ME WORSE

Civ 5 is complete crap once you've played and experienced Civ 4. The vast majority of hardcore Civ fans will say that 4 > 5.

Honestly, my experience has been the complete opposite. A lot of my friends played Civ IV before Civ V and talk about how much V improved over IV since a few expansions came out. My brother went back and played IV after playing V with a friend and they both came back to V after 3 or 4 days.

I haven't really cared enough to ask why they think V is better, but that is what I hear from them.
#19NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/19/2013 8:47:50 PM
xanthan1 posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...

Person Y: "Go see The Dark Knight"
Everyone else in this conversation: "Why?"
Y: Insert bashing of Dark Knight Rises without actually saying ANYTHING about either movie at any point.

Fixed to be accurate to what actually happened here.

Actually that's not what happened here. You never bothered to ask him why he thought Civ IV was better, you just proceeded to call him a fanboy, and he didn't proceed to bash Civ V, just initially saying it was crap in comparison to IV, then this whole argument started...
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#20NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/19/2013 8:47:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]