This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clean installed Windows 7 halts at black Windows startup screen for 20 minutes?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Clean installed Windows 7 halts at black Windows startup screen for 20 minutes?
3 years ago#1
I just upgraded from Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit, and now when it goes to the black Windows startup screen, it will take between 15-20 minutes to progress to the user login screen. I have no idea why this is, when I was able to boot up within 30 seconds on 32 bit. I haven't installed anything on this machine, including updates.

I've tried googling it, noticed a lot of people have the same issue, but can't find a solution.
Can someone help me fix this?
"It detects those that are awesome. Which you are not.
I, however, get showered with cookies whenever I merely choose a song to play." - Renamon_mang
3 years ago#2
Also, when it gets to the startup screen, I noticed my computer doesn't spool for the duration of the wait, yet the Windows logo remains animated. After 15-20 minutes, I hear it start to spool again, then within 10 seconds, it goes to the login screen.
I, however, get showered with cookies whenever I merely choose a song to play." - Renamon_mang
3 years ago#3
Before the question comes up, my rig is:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Intel Core i3 550
Nvidia 550 GTX Ti
6 GB RAM
640w SeaSonic PSU
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Clean installed Windows 7 halts at black Windows startup screen for 20 minutes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived