This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is on sale for $8.50 on Gamersgate. Does it...

#11cody4783Posted 10/20/2013 9:45:57 AM
As for the original topic: Yes it has controller support. You'll likely either have to remap crucial controls yourself, and/or likely play with Automatic transmission, but it absolutely supports controllers. Supports racing wheels very well, too.

revolver posted...
So tempted to buy this, but wondering how much I'll actually play it. What's so addicting about it?

It's relaxing. It's not 100% scale, so you can make a 400 mile run in around 30-40 minutes (IIRC, haven't played in awhile admittedly). Pay is FAR higher than it should be, so you can expand your company, get more trucks, hire drivers and so on.

Truck customization is pretty extensive. Just about everything you'd see a truck driver customize on his or her actual truck, you can customize here. Everything from fuel tanks, drive train, gearbox and engine...Down to purely cosmetic lights (Which, floodlights for example, actually come into use when driving at night), side skirts, mirrors, chrome trim, bumpers and the whole lot.

Plus you can always mod it a bit. Remove the speed limiter (Which I think they actually made this an in-game setting some time ago), add new custom trucks (I drove around in a US-Styled Freightliner for awhile).
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#12Freelance_WolfPosted 10/20/2013 10:13:38 AM
revolver posted...
So tempted to buy this, but wondering how much I'll actually play it. What's so addicting about it?

I haven't heard anyone yet who tried the demo and didn't get addicted to it. Lots of these people aren't into the genre too, so there's a chance you're bound to love it and end up buying it.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#13kjellboyPosted 10/20/2013 12:25:34 PM
Damnit, now I too am tempted to buy this game. >.< Downloaded the demo and I had great fun with it. Few minor trafic violations though. I didn't mean to, honestly. But it's not my fault that the driver just had to run into me while I followed the road. That, or I didn't see him/she.

Fun, relaxing and... relaxing.
---
| Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro | CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 | RAM: 8 GB | I know that the motherboard is a bottleneck.