This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top 200 Games of All Time

#121Yargitsu99z(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 4:50:45 AM
ex_factor posted...
So much hating in this thread.

I can't say I agree with your list, seeing as my favourite game of all time isn't even there, and I feel that you cheated by listing an entire game series as one spot on the list. I can understand a game + it's expansion pack(s) or a game + it's DLC taking one spot, but there is now way an entire series of games should take 1 spot on a list like this.

If you're referring to Gran Turismo, quite simply; each new game makes the last one outdated, and the previous one no longer has merit to be played(tho i personally play 2, 4, and the PSP version despite having 5). If Polyphony Digital was to misstep and make a bad one, I'd point out which one was good, and after that wasn't.

However, I listed it as a series for two reasons; if we went back in time, 1,2,3,4, etc. would still be in a similar spot on the list; and secondly, 6 is coming out and looks to be just as good.
---
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]
www.twitch.tv/shalashaska824
#122YumeOMiruPosted 10/21/2013 5:39:22 AM
"199: The Last of Us"

LOL
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#123HippopotamusRexPosted 10/21/2013 5:41:18 AM
Ok, you just confirmed I was right when I said you have no idea what objectivity means. Your list is 0% objective, and never will be, and to try to pass it off as such comes off as arrogant to people who know what the term entails. When something is objective, it is RIGHT.

Doesn't matter what criteria you pull to make your judgments, in the end you decided to pull a criteria that was no less arbitrary and subjective than the one you wanted to pull at first. It's no less removed from your personal prejudice because you thought longer about pulling it, you can pretend it doesn't appeal to you, but the idea of a game having appeal to what you would presume is a wider audience than yourself apparently holds more subjective pull for you, or you wouldn't have used it. This is assuming these criteria you have chosen appeal to the audience in question, which obviously from the 6 of 500 or so people that have agreed with your list, it don't.

But I don't even have to go that far in to it. Your primary criterion is artistic value, and you're claiming objectivity on the basis of that. I can tell you your average Quintet series has more artistic merit that your top 20 combined, and I can claim that to be objective all the live long day, but in the end, both of our claims are, wait for it, subjective.
#124codyorrPosted 10/21/2013 5:56:19 AM
I've probably only played a half dozen of the games on that terrible list.
#125Yargitsu99z(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zI3_pnUU3k

Kappa
---
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]
www.twitch.tv/shalashaska824
#126AzardeaPosted 10/21/2013 8:30:22 AM
Soooooo much wrong with that list.

Also, OoT is overrated to hell and back.
#127ex_factorPosted 10/21/2013 12:31:34 PM
Yargitsu99z posted...

If you're referring to Gran Turismo, quite simply; each new game makes the last one outdated, and the previous one no longer has merit to be played(tho i personally play 2, 4, and the PSP version despite having 5). If Polyphony Digital was to misstep and make a bad one, I'd point out which one was good, and after that wasn't.

However, I listed it as a series for two reasons; if we went back in time, 1,2,3,4, etc. would still be in a similar spot on the list; and secondly, 6 is coming out and looks to be just as good.

This makes no sense. If you believe each new iteration made the previous entry pointless to play, then you are saying the newer game is the better game. If GT2 is a better game than GT1, how can they logically share the same spot on your list? You aren't ranking the best video games series, u are ranking individual games, thus each title in the series should have it's own spot (even if they are all back to back). Also, I'm pretty sure you listed more series, not just Gran Turismo.
#128x_stevey_xPosted 10/21/2013 3:04:08 PM
i stopped at ICO