This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows Defender doesn't work.

#1BitCakePosted 10/20/2013 1:36:06 PM
I get an error that reads this:

The service couldn't be started.

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Error code: 0x80070422

I've already tried searching the error code into google but there has not been a working solution for me. This happened after I "upgraded" my previous install with an install that was not KMS activated in order to get Windows 8.1. (this failed as I still did not see the update in the store)

I went back to KMS-activated install and Defender is still giving me this error, so I might as well ask for help here.
---
http://cdn.meme.li/i/460x/5zmwf.jpg
#2NicoC96Posted 10/20/2013 1:38:21 PM
To do the Windows 8.1 update, you have to be completely up to date with Windows Updates. I had the same problem with my normal activation of Windows 8, then I looked in the settings and saw I had a few updates, let them do their thing, checked the store, and boom, 8.1 upgrade available.
#3BitCake(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 2:47:12 PM
NicoC96 posted...
To do the Windows 8.1 update, you have to be completely up to date with Windows Updates. I had the same problem with my normal activation of Windows 8, then I looked in the settings and saw I had a few updates, let them do their thing, checked the store, and boom, 8.1 upgrade available.

Updated my Windows 8 and I still don't see it. :/
---
http://cdn.meme.li/i/460x/5zmwf.jpg
#4NicoC96Posted 10/20/2013 3:30:41 PM
BitCake posted...
NicoC96 posted...

Updated my Windows 8 and I still don't see it. :/

Mmmh, check this list to make sure your version works:
Some editions of Windows 8 donít support the free update to Windows 8.1. These include:
Windows 8 Enterprise
Editions of Windows 8 Pro that are installed by enterprises using KMS activation
Editions of Windows 8 that are installed using an MSDN ISO, and activated using multiple activation keys
If youíre running one of these editions, you canít install the free update to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 from the Store.
If you installed Windows 8 using an MSDN ISO, you might be able to install Windows 8.1 using a similar ISO from MSDN.