This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isn't BF4 getting any hype on the PC?

#11BogePosted 10/20/2013 2:29:00 PM
Origin sucks. I'll never go there.

No bots, no buy anyway.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#12jake-sfPosted 10/20/2013 2:29:11 PM
What value Battlefield had was before BF3.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#13DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/20/2013 2:42:05 PM
BF4 looks like what BF3 should have been, sans still lacking bots, but IMHO, it's too little too late. Finding it hard to be interested in the game.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#14sknmakPosted 10/20/2013 2:50:06 PM
BF3 had a lot of hype and potential. Even after playing the BG3 BETA\DEMO map "Metro" [64-player hot mess]. Fast paced. The potential was shortly lived. The community changed and even became worse than the CoD community IMHO. Fanboys were rampant on both the PC and consoles. Fanboys\girls didn't care what EA DICE threw at them and accepted ANYTHING. Even if the game was obviously broken and took a few months to fix they didn't care. Holding EA to no standard, but continuously bashing other FPS. I've played both franchises [CoD+BF] for a long time. I easily choose BF over CoD year after year. After Bad Company 2 the BF series just hasn't found it's own theme and pace. Now that CoD Ghost trailers and BF4 trailers have been released....CoD has a better better. After those great BF3 and BC2 trailers I thought CoD would be dead in the water when it came to trailers. I'm no fanboy for any game. I call it year after year.

BF4 doesn't really offer anything innovative. Lean and peak around corners? Something I've done for years in previous EA games and even older Rainbow Six Games. That's something CoD is adding as well. Large online player count is always great, but it's going to take some good maps to make it worth it. If it suffers the same fate as BF3 then I'm not going to like a lot of the maps on BF4. Graphics only mean so much when it comes to fun factor. EA will keep making the money while using CoD as a advertised selling point. BF4 just isn't offering anything new. Seems like most shooters I loved has become CoD clones more or less after 2008.
---
NEW Video Game Remakes Uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/user/sknocturnal
#15self-immolationPosted 10/20/2013 2:51:46 PM
there are tens of topics about people wondering if their rig can handle bf4 because its supposed reqs
---
SMELL THE GASOLINE
I LIGHT THE FIRE INSIDE
#16_Zero1_Posted 10/20/2013 3:00:57 PM
Yeah, and the "levolution" feature...they made a building fall over. Big whoop, lets talk about older BF games and the utter destruction capable of being inflicted on the environment. Prime example, Arica Harbor from Bad Company 2. Nearly everything in that map could be destroyed. BF3 was a huge disappointment for me because they did away with destruction, added CoD inspired maps, and brought jets back. The people in the jets are playing an entirely different game and usually serve no tactical purpose to the team doing the groundwork

I am done being butthurt, carry on
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W8| 700GB HDD
#17Orestes417Posted 10/20/2013 3:05:22 PM
They didn't do away with destruction, they just focused it on more subtle areas than blowing up shacks. As for the jets, they never left the series. Bad Company is *not* Battlefield proper, never was intended to be.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#18NicodimusPosted 10/20/2013 3:06:27 PM
Because it is the 3,455,689th FPS to come out on the PC and frankly, we're bored of them.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#19Sc24lifePosted 10/20/2013 3:07:04 PM
Admittedly I haven't looked much into it. However, upon first impression it seemed a lot like BF3. Not that much big of jump from 3-4, unlike the preceding series jumps. Mostly the reason why I haven't looked much into it. Maybe they should've branded it as an expansion and saved #4 for a bigger jump.

Anyways that's my reason, and I have a feeling it's the reason of many other pc gamers, although I cannot prove it.
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
#20ajko000Posted 10/20/2013 3:10:40 PM
Because it's a MMS.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8X_Ot0k4XJc