This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the thing called where you continue to lose HDD space...

#11pokemanxPosted 10/21/2013 12:37:40 AM
schadow posted...
HDD cancer?

---
Therefore I am....yes yes...
#12majinbuu58Posted 10/21/2013 1:06:12 AM
Downloading?
#13wildog2006Posted 10/21/2013 7:05:32 AM
pr0n

/endtopic
---
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.
#14SinisterSlayPosted 10/21/2013 7:10:31 AM
Temp files.

It's happened to me several times. Winzip and Winrar for example love to leave entire archives setting in temp files.
And disk cleanup and ccleaner don't find them.

I use one of those drive tree programs that shows usage based on folders so I could track down the memory hogs.
I found over 100 gigs of crap.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#15DoramiPosted 10/21/2013 7:14:12 AM
Volume shadow copies
---
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha
#16AsucaHayashi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:16:44 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Temp files.

It's happened to me several times. Winzip and Winrar for example love to leave entire archives setting in temp files.

I use one of those drive tree programs that shows usage based on folders so I could track down the memory hogs.

were you able to delete them?

if so then i'll try that next time i find missing space.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#17A_Vengeful_PiePosted 10/21/2013 7:19:39 AM
Check to see if your anti virus is deleting its logs. That's what happened to me, freed up over 70GB.
---
---
i7-3930k | ASUS IV Rampage Extreme | GTX TITAN | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB WD Black | Corsair 800D
#18SinisterSlayPosted 10/21/2013 7:20:08 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Temp files.

were you able to delete them?

if so then i'll try that next time i find missing space.

Yeah, I deleted them.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#19El MagnificoPosted 10/21/2013 7:23:50 AM
Dorami posted...
Volume shadow copies

This and System Restore backups.

#20AsucaHayashi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:37:09 AM
El Magnifico posted...
Dorami posted...
Volume shadow copies

This and System Restore backups.

wouldn't the problem with these mean they would "always" occupy space and one wouldn't be able to "force" them to give up the space the way i did unless you disabled/deleted it yourself?

anyways so many suggestions and no way of checking what the real issue was until it happens again... ugh.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/