This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats so good about Planescape: Torment?

#21Killah PriestPosted 10/21/2013 6:32:58 AM
I played it when it first came out, solid game but highly overrated.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#22CammyApplePosted 10/21/2013 6:50:54 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
CammyApple posted...
People have no idea what "epic" means do they? Maybe I'm put off by the idea of "burning through" books. When it's put that way it feels like the only reason one is reading them is to be able to say they have read them.

meh. by 'burning through' I mean just trying to get to the point where the show left off. I'm thoroughly enjoying the books, and the amount of detail is incredible, but as much detail as there is & events that weren't included in the show, for the most part I already know whats going to happen roughly midway into the 3rd book. This is the case for a lot of people right now who were exposed to this awesome series thanks to the show. No one is going to read this just to say they've read it. Nice assumption though.

You make your own assumption and follow it with a jab at mine. Good on ya.

You'll find in life people often do things just to be able to say that they did. This does include reading books.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#23SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/21/2013 6:58:16 AM
Sounds like you'd like it, but it may not be the best game at the moment if you only feel like investing in one reading project at a time.

Personally I don't care for it. The story and dialog are great, but everything else is unimpressive at best.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#24VanderZooPosted 10/21/2013 7:57:20 AM
dekou posted...
Ningishzida posted...
since the manual neglects to explain, here is how attacks per round works in PS:T:

You get 1 base attack per round
Specialization grants +1/2
Level 7 of Fighter as per AD&D rules grants +1/2
Level 13 of Fighter as per AD&D rules grants +1/2
Grandmastery grants a full +1.

Ergo, a maximum 3.5 ApR at level 13 (which is pretty ****ing awesome with a 2handed warhammer like Comminution.)

Fixed.

I still don't get what that means. +1/2 of what? What's ApR?
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#25KillerTrufflePosted 10/21/2013 8:03:38 AM
I'm gonna go with "What is Attacks per Round," Alex.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23