This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What PC game that is not on Steam you'd like to see on Steam in the near future?

#21Kerr AvonPosted 10/21/2013 9:26:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22TheMisfitPosted 10/21/2013 10:05:07 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
System Shock. I already have the game, but only on pirate (System Shock Portable, the fan made all-in-one package, where the game is made to run on any PC, and with controls altered to suit us modern gamers), and it's not right that such a great game isn't available for legal sale (well, unless you get lucky and find a still working disc on ebay). Steam, Good Old Games, etc, have made it so easy to get working versions of so many PC classics for a reasonable price, and it's a real pity that System Shock 1 isn't available (though thankfully the brilliant System Shock 2 is).

System Shock 1 really is amazing. I tried to re-play it from an original disk (which I still have) but the controls have not aged well for me. After an hour I still could not get a handle on the awkwardness. I felt like I was controlling a spaceship instead of a person. The modernized WASD/mouse control mod really made the game much more enjoyable and fluid for me. I just cranked up the enemy difficult for the adjusted handicap.
---
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
#23Silent Sniper IVPosted 10/21/2013 10:09:36 AM
minecraft
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#24snesmaster40Posted 10/21/2013 10:15:05 AM
MangorushXIII posted...
Age of Mythology: Gold Edition
Rise of Nations: Gold Edition
Emergency 4/911: First Responders
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Zoo Tycoon series
Guild Wars 2
Diablo III
Warcraft III
Starcraft II
World of Warcraft
Empire Earth
Empire Earth II
Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe Edition (I know it's on Origin but I like it on Steam)

All these are great. I would like the Star Trek games too. I miss Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander.
---
Are we not men?
#25_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/21/2013 10:16:53 AM
I second Grim Fandango.

Come on people. It is a freaking crime that this game is not out there for people to play.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#26ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/21/2013 10:23:16 AM
Metal Gear Rising.

They need to hurry up and release it.
#27unchartedpwnsPosted 10/21/2013 3:55:27 PM
Planescape: Torment.
---
"Why don't we take Bikini Bottom, and push it somewhere else?" - Patrick Star, Master of Disaster Planning
#28_Zero1_Posted 10/21/2013 4:02:22 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

-Mass Effect 3. Just so I could play it. I've played ME1 and 2, but never got the third one...

Just grow up and get it on Origin.

This. Not being on Steam is an extremely lame reason for missing out on ME3. Just hearing that makes me want to use Balefire on a hipster (bonus points if you get the reference)
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W8| 700GB HDD
#29PaukenPosted 10/21/2013 4:22:31 PM
snesmaster40 posted...
MangorushXIII posted...
Age of Mythology: Gold Edition
Rise of Nations: Gold Edition
Emergency 4/911: First Responders
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Zoo Tycoon series
Guild Wars 2
Diablo III
Warcraft III
Starcraft II
World of Warcraft
Empire Earth
Empire Earth II
Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe Edition (I know it's on Origin but I like it on Steam)

All these are great. I would like the Star Trek games too. I miss Starfleet Command and Bridge Commander.

Totally agree with a whole bunch of these, especially Starfleet Command. Another classic PC game that deserves a Steam rerelease would be Freelancer, for sure; it's terrible that M$ has forced people to pirate the game to play it, and it'd be awesome if Freelancer was made available on Steam due to allowing a whole bunch of new people to enjoy the best (at this moment) open world space sim out there.

I'd also love to see all of the old school D&D games ported to Steam too. It'd be even more amazing if NWN was given Steam Workshop support, too, as that would really enhance the game's community aspect.
#30kbe2k2Posted 10/21/2013 4:30:11 PM
I feel like I've done this a dozen times on here but...

Dungeon Keeper
The Neverhood
American McGee's Alice
Grim Fandango
Clive Barker's Undying
Severance: Blade of Darkness
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Silver
Betrayal at Krondor
Day of the Tentacle
Full Throttle
Gabriel Knight series

and of course...
Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection
-Baldur's Gate (enhanced version already on Steam)
-Baldur's Gate II (enhanced version coming to Steam)
-Icewind Dale
-Icewind Dale 2
-Planescape Torment
-The Temple of Elemental Evil

Probably some others too.