This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which laptop would be better?

#1HiimCyrusPosted 10/21/2013 5:17:35 AM
My current laptop has finally died and in looking for a replacement that I can do a bit of gaming on, preferably for under or near $600. I have found 2 that are fairly similar but I'm not sure which I should pick,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DKFFLMY/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AYT8H3Y/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&m=A2EJCBPGUH37VW

Would someone be able to tell me which would be better, or suggest one they think is better for near $600?thanks a lot :)
---
CHEST HIGH WALLS ARE THE SECRET TO VICTORY!!
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.
#2HiimCyrus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 5:19:50 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong section, I didn't notice it was a split board
---
Popular things are popular for a reason, because they're good, or because Will Smith is in it.
#3zxelmanPosted 10/21/2013 5:28:45 AM(edited)
Most people would answer questions on here anyways.

2nd link has a quad-core processor. It's a bit heavier, but it's a better substitute for gaming.

Edit: Sorry, they both mention they have quad-cores, I was just briefly looking at the spec list, in which the first link was being vague.

They're pretty similar, but you can use google for the FPS difference with the GPUs.
#4HiimCyrus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 5:31:49 AM(edited)
zxelman posted...

2nd link has a quad-core processor. It's a bit heavier, but it's a better substitute for gaming.

Alright, thanks :) I don't mind extra weight. Any idea on how well it might handle on games from this gen?

Edit: Didn't see your edit when I posted, would having the dual graphics be a benefit over having just the one on the other laptop?
---
#5zxelmanPosted 10/21/2013 6:03:07 AM(edited)
HiimCyrus posted...
zxelman posted...

Alright, thanks :) I don't mind extra weight. Any idea on how well it might handle on games from this gen?

Edit: Didn't see your edit when I posted, would having the dual graphics be a benefit over having just the one on the other laptop?

It would save some battery life being on the integrated when not gaming.

It can cause minor inconveniences though, but being on the Nvidia side of dual-graphics, it's been tolerable to deal with. Not sure how it would be on the AMD side.

And I'd just google the GPU by itself. Notebookcheck is pretty useful. Make sure you look at the numbers with the M next to it. Delete the numbers with the G to get a more accurate search.