This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you enjoying the stanley parable?

#41cody4783Posted 10/22/2013 2:55:18 PM(edited)
I got about 4 hours out of it before seeing *most* the content (It's difficult to see and hear every bit, but I felt I got a pretty decent/rounded play of it).

It was worth quite a few laughs and a fair bit of thought here and there. Some good talking points and interesting concepts backed with entertaining commentary. Being worth the $11-12 or whatever it cost is somewhat questionable. But it was fun and I can't say I regret buying it early on before the whole thing got spoiled little by little.

Besides, you gotta compete in the leaderboards. :P

Confusion and Whiteboard endings were my favorite by quite a ways. Whiteboard in particular; It was like a mini party of epicness all to myself. The Broom Closet ending was decent too, but not quite as epic.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#42Flame_HazardPosted 10/22/2013 9:14:20 PM
I can't figure out this Broom Closet Ending nor the White Board ending >_>. Is the broom closet ending not an actual die and startover end? If so I guess I got that one. Not the whiteboard though.

Also can't figure out the escape pod or window endings

---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#43Kokuei05Posted 10/22/2013 9:23:39 PM
From: Flame_Hazard | Posted: 10/23/2013 1:14:20 AM | #042
I can't figure out this Broom Closet Ending nor the White Board ending >_>. Is the broom closet ending not an actual die and startover end? If so I guess I got that one. Not the whiteboard though.

Also can't figure out the escape pod or window endings

The Broom Closet ending is when the Narrator says he'll leave you there until you choose to continue the story. He doesn't restart it.

The White Board ending is when you restart the game and the first room you see is a blue room. One of the doors will open to a whiteboard; it'll have a neat console command for you to use.

The Escape Pod ending is glitched and ends prematurely. You just enter the bosses office and immediately leave the room and the double doors close on your face. He'll say "Just go" and head back to your office. You'll see where to go from there.

The Window ending is right in the first room. Walk onto the chair nearest to the middle window; takes a few tries. You'll slide on the chair to the table and out the window.

---
Girls are scary.
#44Flame_HazardPosted 10/22/2013 10:06:54 PM
Thanks, got them all. The Whiteboard Ending was a bit disappointing though >_>.
---
#45CommunismFTWPosted 10/22/2013 10:10:54 PM
I'm really, really involved in the modding community so I basically saw TheChineseRoom flourish, and Stanley Parable hit with waves when it first came out. The creator demonstrated himself as a bit of a pompous idiot, but there's really no scan or controversy behind Stanley as a mod/game. It's just a passionate idea that someone picked up on and bought. The game itself isn't my thing, I didn't like it. But it is what it is, is well made, and has an audience.

TCR, on the other hand, is a rant. Those guys sold the mod community up the river.
---
There is a glory in humiliation. A throne to be claimed; a crown to wear!
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg
#46Flame_HazardPosted 10/23/2013 7:08:50 AM
CommunismFTW posted...
I'm really, really involved in the modding community so I basically saw TheChineseRoom flourish, and Stanley Parable hit with waves when it first came out. The creator demonstrated himself as a bit of a pompous idiot, but there's really no scan or controversy behind Stanley as a mod/game. It's just a passionate idea that someone picked up on and bought. The game itself isn't my thing, I didn't like it. But it is what it is, is well made, and has an audience.

TCR, on the other hand, is a rant. Those guys sold the mod community up the river.

Hm? I take it you don't like the Dear Esther remake? I played the original, haven't tried the remake yet though. I do have it from a Humble Bundle..or maybe it was a GMG sale. Whichever it was, I have it now.
---